Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Same 9 holes over and over

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 15 2011 12:16 PM (2 replies)
  • Fatherbrown
    282 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2011 11:33 AM

How come many people play the same 9 holes over and over only to drop average? But for the full 18 they won't play and their no good on any other course they play except for their special 9 hole game?

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2011 11:35 AM

Cause they're saps.

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2011 12:16 PM

It is silly but it is to decrease their scoring average.  I was a master (the old version) back when St Andrews came out and I played it over and over again when we had the front nine and my average dropped from 62 to 59.

After talking to a friend on here I realized that the only way your average means anything is if you play all the courses.  Today I am a Legend and have an average of just under 65.  I play the weekly tournaments and some of my country club tournaments and enjoy all the courses.

I did take an afternoon a few months ago and played 18 holes on each of the four courses that we have available just to see the difference.  I found that while Oakmont was the most difficult, my average was not effected much since it is a par 70.  St Andrews and Kiawah are viewed as easier but being par 72, I tended to be around the same score as at Oakmont and Beth Page.

RSS