Forums

Help › Forums

Re: country club clash

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 17 2017 9:50 PM (5 replies)
  • missyomyom
    24 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2017 9:45 AM

ive heard from a number of members that they would compete in clashes if they didnt count against their average    can someone  help in this matter?

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2017 11:29 AM

So, you're saying your club is full of members, who are either baggers, or wish to have false low averages from red tee tourneys. You must be so proud ;-) Can I join your CC as well?

Edit: Or is this like "I have a friend" question and you're basically speaking about yourself. Considering you haven't played a ranked round for over 2 months now, protecting that 57 avg from red tee Kiawah? Just asking ;-)

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2017 1:06 PM

missyomyom:
    ive heard from a number of members that they would compete in clashes if they didnt count against their average

"protect the average" is a phrase of ill-informed players.

You may tell your members to relax: No score does ever count AGAINST the average - at least at long sight. They will rather be ignored, eventually, than hinder tier promotion. That is because any high scores will be eliminated from average calculation after the player has reached saturation.

• TyMacni
    1,573 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2017 12:02 PM

NOTE*  This is a purely satirical response to the subject matter " would compete in clashes if they didnt count against their average". It is not directed at the Poster, any of their activities, or practices.

Soooo...

WGT would modify the program to make this happen. Some of the requirements to do so might be - developing the program requirements, implementing and testing in BEATA, correcting any glitches & retesting until resolved, product  cut-over / release, and  total  Man Hours needed x  $ per MnHr. 

Then, concisely, WGT Members will be abled to do (Drum Roll Please)  Something for Nothing

I have an alternate proposal -                                                                                             Do not play     Choosing this option will enable WGT Members to   (Drum Roll Please) do Nothing and get Nothing.     This seems Logical and much more efficient and Cost effective. (No WGT involvement or programming needed & no changes to Member Process)  AND A Member who choose not to play will avoid the cost of Passes. Balls and other Accessories. freeing cash that can be used for any purpose desired, Hey, wait-a-minute. Dose this mean a Member who choose to do Nothing gets something?!!

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2017 9:18 PM

Nice advocating!

NOTE* I do not argue with or against this argument but I use it to point out something different:

TyMacni:
    [...] "would compete in clashes if they didnt count against their
    average". [...]

WGT would modify the program to make this happen. [...]

I'm afraid that something in this direction has happened already:

The new CC custom courses tournaments must be payed for to set up
    AND to play, and they do not count towards the average.

TyMacni:
    Then, concisely, WGT Members will be abled to do (Drum Roll Please)  Something for Nothing

Sic!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2017 9:50 PM

mkrizan86:
    "I have a friend" question

LMAO. 

For the OP...I have a better idea.....just have CTTH for the clashes......that way you can continue to be admired for having such a low "average". 

RSS