Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Moving from Tour Master to Legend

Tue, Mar 20 2012 11:35 AM (55 replies)
  • DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2011 3:51 PM

Willsstrs:

I am hoping to hear back so that I can avoid moving up. I want to be able to make credits from ready gos!!!!

What I am worried about is that I will have harder competition-lol.

Are you asking how to "Sandbag"

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2011 5:30 PM

DannyPhan:

Willsstrs:

I am hoping to hear back so that I can avoid moving up. I want to be able to make credits from ready gos!!!!

What I am worried about is that I will have harder competition-lol.

Are you asking how to "Sandbag"

Plain as day!

• 5hooter
    29 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2012 5:04 AM

Ok reading this I think I understand so if I say what I have concluded, can someone please correct the bits I might be missing.

For this example can we say completed ranked rounds is 100 x full 18 H's or 200 x 9 H's

1. Once I have completed the required amount of ranked rounds and say they range from  58 to 71 on 18 H's my then average for example is 64.5 and now CAN'T increase any more ? and any bad rounds won't count against anything. 

2. If 1 is correct then i don't need to DC on hole 1 if I score a bogey and can play the round out respectfully with the other players.

3. The ONLY way my average can get to 61.0 or below is by scoring 100 full 18 H's at 61 or less ? so in effect the required ranked rounds MUST, all be at the average required for that tier ! this case 61  or lower ?

4. I guess as I read its 30 or less for 9 holes or 61 for 18 holes, so your slightly better of going for full rounds.

Didn't find above reading if any one worked out the required rounds but the player that posted when your bad rounds stop counting made sense. any way thanks for reading and any replies

Thanks Ian

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2012 7:47 AM

5hooter:
    and now CAN'T increase any more ? and any bad rounds won't count against anything. 

You got it.

5hooter:
    2. If 1 is correct then i don't need to DC on hole 1 if I score a bogey and can play the round out respectfully with the other players.

Shame on you for disconnecting in the first place. There is no reason to "protect" an average nor is there any reason to even care. By virtue of the way it only goes down after a certain number of rounds, that should tell you how meaningless it is.

Once your average starts only going down it will do this only when you shoot your average or below. And then it only creeps down by tenths and hundredths of a point. Quit worrying about your average and just play. Disconnecting gets you a quitter label and you don't want that.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2012 8:48 AM

YankeeJim:
    Once your average starts only going down it will do this only when you shoot your average or below.

At first you can lower your average even by shooting above your average. This is because a round that is worse than your average can crowd out an even crappier round that previously counted toward your average, i.e. it was previously one of your best (x) rounds but not anymore.

P.S. A bogey is a perfectly normal score in golf ... maybe not all the time.

• 5hooter
    29 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2012 11:35 AM

LOL no YankeeJim I.m actually pretty good myself, I was being sardonic about those that do. All too many a time I start a 4 ball and by the 2nd Tee I'm alone lol

thank you both for ya replies, was just curious as alot of people are almost at Legend and just wanted to usdertand how it all worked

Cheers

RSS