Forums

Help › Forums

Moving from Tour Master to Legend

Tue, Mar 20 2012 11:35 AM (55 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,645 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 8:08 AM

SM - I know you may have been joking, but many players on here have said that tees need to be moved back.  What they all seem to be forgetting is that the courses we have here are photographs of the real courses and as such the teeing areas are the real ones.  I suspect that Legends are as far back as they can be, so there is most likely no option to move tees back any further.

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 8:18 AM

Mio, point well taken and yes, I was just joking.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 8:32 AM

MioKontic:

I suspect that Legends are as far back as they can be, so there is most likely no option to move tees back any further.

Ah, Mio this is a virtual golf course and with photos there is always the option....

Create a virtual new tee box like this one on BP18 moved back 60 yards.

Or another option is use the existing length but plant some new virtual trees and tighten up the tee shot.

WGT would need to give the new "Tour Legends" the draw/fade option to work the ball thru the trees with the new 40-50 mph cross winds.  ;-)

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 8:44 AM

ROFLMAO !!   Good one Andyson !

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 8:51 AM

What the heck, throw a windmill in there too.....

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 9:04 AM

LMAO!

The PGA been looking for ways to make it harder on the tour. I think you've come up with the answer andyson

Dazza

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 9:22 AM

Bollox, you are up, sir.....

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 9:29 AM

I am currently a TM with a 61.32 avg. and 373 ranked rounds. I have also read, besides the ones posted on this thread that you need a 60.99 avg. to advance. So I believe that I am pretty close. I will let you know the number that triggers the advance, if any still care.

Have a nice day.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 9:56 AM

sdorr:
    I will let you know the number that triggers the advance

Respond to this thread, sdorr. You have a benchmark now and it should be interesting to see. FWIW, your ave should drop pretty close to  .04 for a 31,  .08 for a 30 and .12 for a 29.

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 10:26 AM

Thanks YJ, I will, but it may take a little longer since I rarely play just 9 nine holes. To tell you the Gods honest truth, making the move up scares the crap out of me. I find myself holding back sometimes because of this. There are so many excellent players on the Legend tier and have set a very high standard of play that I know that I will not be able to compete for a long time. I have most of the right equipment with the exception of a decent 3 wood which I plan to correct once I reach level 88. I don't see anything that's available to me now that's going to get me much further until level 88.

Anyway, I know my fear is unfounded to a degree, but it is the unknown and the horror stories one hears about the woes of playing at the Legend tier. This I do know, it will take some getting used to and will require allot of practice. I will just have to get use to not getting eagles and birdies for awhile. Problem is I like my eagles and birdies. Oh well, such is life and I will quit crying.

Thanks and have a nice day.

RSS