Forums

Help › Forums

My first Ever Snow Golf Tourney

rated by 0 users
Sun, Feb 26 2017 9:30 PM (0 replies)
  • dancingdennis
    1,343 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2017 9:30 PM

ss all of you are golf fanatics I thought I would share a neat golf story with you. Yesterday Feb. 25 I arrived in Camrose Alberta Canada with my foursome to play in a snow golf tournement we entered. At registration low & behold we find out that the game is not going to be played in the golf course there but throughout the town where 18 holes were made throughout that we drive to each hole. The rules of the game was Texas scramble and we can only use 1 club, we could switch off with the rest of our team but 4 clubs in total. We were given 2 balls each to play with, they were coloured foam balls about the size of a Bullard cue ball, a map with the hole locations and which hole to start on and away we went. The first hole for us was hole # 13 at the railroad where we had s par 4 about 170 yards that we had to zig-zag around buildings in the snow to where the flagstick was . Each flagstick had  3 foot diameter hola-hoop ring on the ground around it which was the final destination. All 18 holes around the town were like that. Sometimes the hola-hoop rind was upright abut above the ground wired in place. Another hole was at Tim Horton coffee shop where we teed off near the drive through window and played around the perimeter of the propert or right over moving cars in the drive through. All 18 holes were like that with the majority of business owners inviting you inside for a shot, beer , coffee, hot chocolate, cookies, donuts or whatever. We ended up finishing second with a 3 under from a possible par 58. It was an awesome time & it even snowed during the round. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

RSS