Re: WGT......It's a GAME

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 20 2017 12:25 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sun, Mar 12 2017 12:56 PM

WoodyJeep:

I can understand a smaller club striving for some benefits, but our club is allowed to have 20 club tournaments going simultaneously and have never, that I can remember, needed to have that many.  

The only decent tournaments are those run outside of the club tourneys so they can be handicapped because WGT does not offer any kind of handicapping.  What are we, all scratch WGT golfers?  And the WGT player scoring average is so one sided you can't even use that, not even remotely.  

Our club also tries to keep the number of CC tournaments down to a reasonable level, as too many make it harder to sort them out..

We run many of our CC tournaments with a handicap, which is updated every month.  One reason to cull the dead wood, as a few of us directors figure them every month.  It helps level the playing field between the top players and everyone else.  Minimum and maximum H/C's are capped according to tier.  

H/C's give everyone a numerical adjustment for stroke and a letter grade of A< B or C.  All paid entry fee tournaments (except CTTH) are set up for A +B or B + C  flights.  There are also free monthly stroke play tournaments where the numerical H/C is added or subtracted to get the Nett score and determine the top three places.  It works good for our club.

phred952

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Mon, Mar 13 2017 2:43 AM

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Mar 13 2017 8:23 AM

In my nearly 7 years here I have been a member of 4 CC's. The first folded many years ago. I left the other 3 myself due to the fact I could not be as active as I wanted to be. I have received countless invitations to join other clubs. I have respectfully declined  knowing I could not be active enough to take up a slot that someone else would deserve more. If things change for me I will revisit an invite and try to be one of the biggest toads in the puddle. I loved to sponsor club tourneys and offer nice credits. I'm just not able at this point in my life.

Squirrel Nutz

• craigswan
    31,550 Posts
    Wed, Mar 15 2017 4:03 AM

you can join us again  whenever you want renni . No pressure to play .

• Dneirf
    438 Posts
    Sun, Mar 19 2017 12:43 PM

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Sun, Mar 19 2017 9:10 PM

werd

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Mon, Mar 20 2017 12:20 PM

I burn bridges with about 95-98% of members when I leave (or get kicked from) a CC.  I'm not CC material.

Some people are wolves.  Some are sheep.  I prefer to howl.

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Mon, Mar 20 2017 12:25 PM

And some people are just delusional donkeys. 😀

• PAGES
RSS