Help › Forums

Re: When will I ?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 23 2017 7:36 AM (9 replies)
  • overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Wed, Mar 15 2017 8:50 AM

When will I FINALLY make TL? 

I am well past the 500 rr's from the time WGT introduce the tier levels. 

I thought the qualifications were 1 of 2 requirements.

1. Have a 60.0 or less overall avg. OR
    2. Have 500 rr's from the time they implemented the tier process. 
    3. ???????????????????????????     

Can someone help me to understand what I need to do to become a TL?

TY. Jeff / OTE

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Mar 15 2017 9:02 AM

The requirements are both an average equal to or less than 60.00 and 500 ranked rounds as a Legend.  

Hope this helps.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Wed, Mar 15 2017 9:14 AM

Avg , 59.99  I believe .. Good luck

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Wed, Mar 15 2017 9:30 AM

overtheedge:
    Can someone help me to understand what I need to do to become a TL?

Just by scrolling down your score history, I do not see any 30s which translates to 60s. Which is the score you have to get below to tier up to TL.

You need to score better. You need to shave off the 3.30 over the 60 that you have now. It is going to be a long hard haul.

Your best be is to not worry about tiering up and just enjoy the journey.

• ScottHope
    10,351 Posts
    Wed, Mar 15 2017 9:44 AM

CEverett12:
    Avg , 59.99  I believe .. Good luck

It is 60.00 or below CE. The reason why some think it is lower than 60.00 is because the average is calculated to 3 decimal places, but the average displayed is only to 2 decimal places.

Therefore, if your ranked rounds as a Legend equals or exceeds 500, and your displayed average shows 60.00 and you still haven't moved to Tour Legend, it's because your true average score is either 60.002 or 60.004 (both of which will be displayed as 60.00). Once it drops to 60.000 or below, then you will tier up.

[Averages from 59.996 to 60.004 will all be displayed as 60.00 due to rounding to 2 decimal places]
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Mar 15 2017 1:38 PM

As pointed out Jeff, it is both the requirements.

There is nothing special about the title and certainly no prizes or reward for getting there. The only tier I was proud to achieve was Legend.......before red tee wannabes infiltrated all the tiers.

Just continue to enjoy the game, playing the game as it was designed.....to have fun. Try to score your best as a goal but do it with integrity,

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Mar 15 2017 2:01 PM

alanti:

As pointed out Jeff, it is both the requirements.

There is nothing special about the title and certainly no prizes or reward for getting there. The only tier I was proud to achieve was Legend.......before red tee wannabes infiltrated all the tiers.

Just continue to enjoy the game, playing the game as it was designed.....to have fun. Try to score your best as a goal but do it with integrity,

+1 Alan.  I felt the same way.  At our CC we have only done Red Tees for Par 3 and Par 5.  So no short cuts for anyone, all done the old fashioned way...earned.

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Sat, Mar 18 2017 12:26 PM

**********Thank you to everyone**************

Some of you I know, others I know from reading your post. Either way it is so nice to have such a positive and obviously "informative" response proving that WGT still has A LOT of friendly people offering their help and knowledge of the game.

Very refreshing!

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Sat, Mar 18 2017 12:56 PM

It's easy to reach tour legend tier you know even from legend tee and with starters balls but if you can't reach that tier, try red tee tourney.

With red tee tourney normally all the wgt will be tour legend and after champion with the eyes closed lol

Maybe you already play only red tee, so in that case just read the forum and you will find enough posts and informations to be a better player.

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Thu, Mar 23 2017 7:36 AM

micheldess:
    Maybe you already play only red tee, so in that case just read the forum and you will find enough posts and informations to be a better player.

Nah. 

I'm old school Mich. I create most of our "in-house" tourns. from Hardest to Random to challenging. Every once and a while I throw an easy tourney in the mix but 9 out of 10 tournaments I create (and I create most of them) are challenging to say the least.

I never did and I never will cut ANY corners in this game. I find that making the game easy so you can accomplish a tier is actually NO ACCOMPLISHMENT AT ALL

I'll never forget the feeling I had when I finally made "Master" back when "Master" was as high as you could go. I was PUMPED,,,lol. The good ole days, eh. 

RSS