Forums

Help › Forums

Re: meter issue

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 20 2017 12:39 PM (5 replies)
  • bigshotphil
    4 Posts
    Sat, Mar 18 2017 3:59 PM

What is going on with the mater, i hit a shot and about to hit the next shot or putt and the meter is so bad as if something is loading in the back ground, it's hard to play because it make you meter sometimes stop half way in you swing.

• Dneirf
    438 Posts
    Sat, Mar 18 2017 8:01 PM

• Chrynch
    568 Posts
    Sun, Mar 19 2017 5:38 AM

Meter problems are almost always caused by a individuals slow internet connection or playing with a computer that does not meet the minimum requirements as it relates to a computers processor speed. It is also important to look and see what other background tasks your computer may be running that could be causing your meter to be glitch or pause during your back-swing. Clearing your computers cache and restarting your computer can also help keep your meter running more smoothly. I have been playing WGT for more than 3 years and play in a country club with users who often discuss problems with their meter. Our members play with a wide variety of computers. 95% of the time the members who have problems with their meters are playing with older computers with slower processors. Also, because many computers run using a WIFI  connection in their home, other users of your WIFI (other family members playing games, downloading pictures or videos) can cause your meter to stutter or stop in the back-swing. If possible use a direct connection to your internet rather than a shared WIFI connection in your home. Streaming video like net flicks from another connection on your WIFI or internet connection takes away bandwidth from your internet that is needed to play WGT.

It is common for people to blame WGT for their meter problems when in reality the problem is with the individuals computer or internet connection.  

• marc005
    1,285 Posts
    Sun, Mar 19 2017 8:15 AM

Chrynch:
    t is common for people to blame WGT for their meter problems when in reality the problem is with the individuals computer or internet connection.  

In general i totally agree with all the above comments but for a least the past month my meter has been perfect when playing friendly games then as soon as i start playing a CC Tournament it goes absolutely screwy, sometimes to the point of unplayable and losing balls because of it !!!

Anyone had the same issues or any ideas of the cause of it because my i never have any other tabs open and my internet speed doesnt drop ???

Marc

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Sun, Mar 19 2017 12:12 PM

marc005:

Chrynch:
    t is common for people to blame WGT for their meter problems when in reality the problem is with the individuals computer or internet connection.  

but for a least the past month my meter has been perfect when playing friendly games then as soon as i start playing a CC Tournament it goes absolutely screwy, sometimes to the point of unplayable 

Marc

In this case, it is obvious that it isn't the 'internet connection', and varying meter challenges by the game's design goes back 30 years in golf game programming. I knew this in the late 80s!

Many noobs are unaware of this feature and spend a lot of time and effort trying to correct a 'problem' that, in this case, cannot be 'fixed'. 

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Mon, Mar 20 2017 12:39 PM

The meter plays entirely on the user's computer.

Consequently a person's Internet connection speed has no relevance on how smooth the meter plays, or doesn't play.

Smooth meter - Optimizing your Windows computer

RSS