Forums

Help › Forums

Re: To the Batcave! Goodnight Mr. Mayor.

Sun, Jun 11 2017 11:47 AM (7 replies)
  • whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sun, Jun 11 2017 2:49 AM

Rest in peace.

• ScottHope
    10,350 Posts
    Sun, Jun 11 2017 5:22 AM

My mum gave the TV away because my brother and I used to spend too much time watching it in the 1960's, and Batman was one of my favourite shows. We weren't stupid though, we went round to a friends house to watch it instead, lol.

Thank you Adam for all those happy hours I spent watching you & Burt clean up Gotham city.

Rest in Peace.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Jun 11 2017 5:36 AM

No tears as 88 is a fine knock.  Short illness I understand.

Not quite sure which evenings it was on but that's because I was young enough that a tin Batmobile from the supermarket was enough for hours of play - As far as I can tell from flash backs of that and what I think were first airings.......

Well played Adam West.

• gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Sun, Jun 11 2017 6:49 AM

Holy down under, Batman

Is it true?

The precocious, pontificator of popular puns, prince of the preamble, patriot of, the picture perfect posture pounce, preempted personal proclivities, and  perished pronto.

There will be no "Tuning in tomorrow, same Bat time, same Bat station", for the infectious, Adam West

Godspeed

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Jun 11 2017 7:13 AM

gonfission:
    same Bat time, same Bat station

Wow, I completely forgot that G...thanks for the memories.

MC

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Jun 11 2017 7:20 AM

Loved the old bat man series so much that I never watched a batman film since.

Just not the same.

RIP

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Sun, Jun 11 2017 8:01 AM

At 88, from what I can gather, he led a full and varied life (style).

The old original TV series was class. In later years I'd look forward to a Saturday morning visit to the local flea pit alongside my ABC Minor pals to watch the Caped Crusaders clean up the streets of Gotham. We'd come hurtling out the picture house giving it  "Doorooroo roo roo roo roo... Batman!"

Still have fond memories as a kid of playing for hours on end with my 60s Corgi Batmobile.

Wonder if the younger generation realise Adam voices the Mayor in Family Guy.

Thanks for the memories, Mr. West.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Jun 11 2017 11:47 AM

WigerToods2010:
    Wonder if the younger generation realise Adam voices the Mayor in Family Guy.

Great old show, fond memories.

They'll know Mayor Adam West of Quohog but won't make the connection probably.

There is a rumour that Batman died as a result of  finding out that the Joker had control of the white house.

RSS