Forums

Help › Forums

Re: What's with these tees you can't hit the fairway from?

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 13 2011 11:28 PM (7 replies)
  • stewartking
    13 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2011 9:41 AM

On the Congressional course, there are several holes where it is impossible to hit the fairway from the tee. What's up? There is one par-3 where the only play is to aim for one of the closer teeing greens from the tee. It seems like on almost every hole your only hope of par is to one-put since the par-4s require 3 strokes to get to the green even with perfect shots and the par-5s you will for sure be playing your second shot from the rough somewhere short of the green.

Must be an advertisement for the pro shop, huh?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2011 10:18 AM

stewartking:

On the Congressional course, there are several holes where it is impossible to hit the fairway from the tee. What's up? There is one par-3 where the only play is to aim for one of the closer teeing greens from the tee. It seems like on almost every hole your only hope of par is to one-put since the par-4s require 3 strokes to get to the green even with perfect shots and the par-5s you will for sure be playing your second shot from the rough somewhere short of the green.

Must be an advertisement for the pro shop, huh?

These are the the conditions for US Open qualifier. 2 years ago, there were 3-4 holes where one could not reach the fairway. There are always way one can adjust :)

-wgticon

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2011 11:59 AM

stewartking,

You'll need far better equipment to reach the fairways from where the "big guns" are hitting it from. :p

• teedoff50
    102 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2011 12:28 PM

As the post before u  need to up grade your clubs, your never going to make it with starter clubs. Now u can play at your tees with starter clubs on reg. play mode. Good Luck

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2011 12:41 PM

punch worked when others would not.  maybe will help, i only fire from the tour pro tee. my nickel, well spent?

• stewartking
    13 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2011 2:29 PM

I would be happy playing from the normal tees on that course but it doesn't seem to be possible. Or maybe I'm missing something? How can I load up a practice round on Congressional using the normal tees and green speed?

• teedoff50
    102 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2011 5:41 PM

Hi Stewart,

You need to go to the Congressional page and put your curser on EXPERIENCE CONGRESSIONAL and you will see where you can join or start game. Good luck

• stewartking
    13 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2011 11:28 PM

Thanks, I couldn't find a group who was playing this time of night. But when I tried to create a group the options for which tees to use and green speed were greyed out. I think you are condemned to using the back tees. Which means I have to buy some equipment if I want to be able to play on this course.

Ah, well, I like St. Andrew's more anyway.

RSS