Forums

Help › Forums

Re: need help deciding on irons

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 13 2011 1:32 PM (6 replies)
  • RichCash
    62 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2011 10:54 AM

I've been waiting for level 48 to get the rapture irons, but then someone mentioned i should look at the G10 irons (1100 credits). Im not really concerned about the faster meter as I can handle it, but unsure which would be better for me.

If anyone has either of these irons I would love some feedback. I also use the wGT es balls and the Wgt sd balls.

Here is the comparison:

product compare.aspx?compare=true&c=Irons&i=293395e5 455a 4ceb ac90 0293954a47b3,563a4f2d c3d1 4c80 8488 79d51837d7c8

thanks,

Rich

• Cadie
    33 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2011 11:12 AM

Personally I waited til I got to level 59 and went with those G-10 irons. With the extra distance I rarely have to use a 3 wood.

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2011 11:19 AM

I have used the rapture irons but I did not like them because I could not get any backspin with those clubs. I never tried using the calloways with them, but I switched to the G10 irons and fell in love. I like how the ball stops for me with these irons even on some pretty slick slopes. I don't know how the wGT es balls will work with them because I have never tried them. For the money, I would say go for the G10's.

• Hoolahoof
    163 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2011 11:23 AM

I use the 48 Raptors and I love em. Throw darts that stick.

You can rent to try them out, my first shot with the Raptors was within a yard, so I might be a little bias.

• RichCash
    62 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2011 11:32 AM

Does one extra dot really make a "huge" difference on the spin if you decide to use backspin on that particular shot?

Rapture has 2 dots

G10 has 3 dots

Also, will you get "some" type of stoppage even if you dont put backspin on the ball just because these irons have dots on the spin? Or do you actually have to move the dot to trigger some type of stoppage?

thanks in advance

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2011 12:38 PM

RichCash:
    Also, will you get "some" type of stoppage even if you dont put backspin on the ball just because these irons have dots on the spin?

I suppose that would depend on the ball your using and where your ball lands. I get a little roll with my wedges and short irons without backspin because of the high trajectory, maybe a couple of feet. Of course you are going to get some roll with the longer irons but not nearly as much as I was getting with the Raptures. Again, I am using the calloways so I am getting allot of bite.

As previously suggested, you may try renting the two sets of irons and see what works best for you.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2011 1:32 PM

RichCash:
    Does one extra dot really make a "huge" difference on the spin if you decide to use backspin on that particular shot?

Most definitely. Keep in mind the ball has to be hit with a club that has spin dots too.

RichCash:
    Also, will you get "some" type of stoppage even if you dont put backspin on the ball just because these irons have dots on the spin?

The only club I've seen that does this is the CG 80w.

RichCash:
    Or do you actually have to move the dot to trigger some type of stoppage?

Yes, down.

RSS