Forums

Help › Forums

Re: "Seriously"

Thu, Jun 15 2017 10:10 PM (7 replies)
  • Sticks050
    335 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 7:20 PM

I seldom complain - I just usually go w/ the flow - accept the flaws of the game, and say; "Whatever"

But, "Seriously" ... The game has slipped to; "Bad"! - "Real Bad"!!

I hear about the "VEM", but it's beyond that - It's almost like someone at WGT Mission Control has determined that you will "NOT" be at the top of the money list, nor even close on this round in this particular Ready Go, or any other for that matter. Maybe you won a few too many times? Maybe you are consistently in the money list too many times? Maybe you have been chosen not to score well in any Ready Go's at this time?Maybe?...Maybe?...Maybe?

I don't even play that many RG's compared to the overall WGT clientele, or whatever we are considered? It just seems that RG's are the most targeted(?)

I can accept poor play on my part...That's Golf! It's a game of "Ups" and "Downs"! But when you know some of these Tracts pretty much inside and out. You know the wind, the breaks on the greens, the green speeds, etc. - Then all of a sudden the following starts happening:

Your approach is placed within 3' - 4' of the hole precisely where you want it, because you know the putt is dead straight - It all of a sudden breaks 18" left or right immediately off the club face ... "Seriously"(?)

Putts, (knowing your meter is correct - you have checked, and double checked) all of a sudden go 5' - 6' for a 10' putt. Then the recovery from the short putt - Your putt (knowing your meter is correct - double checked and triple checked) goes 10' past the hole for the 4' - 5' putt ... "Seriously"(?)

Your drive or second shot is where you want it based on wind, etc. for the approach shot, because you know the approach from there - All of a sudden it either "Shanks" left or right, or has somehow mysteriously thrown you into an UEL - now you are not only off the green, but 20 yards left or right of the green in 40%-50% rough, or worse ... "Seriously"(?)

Tree limb(s) that have never been there, all of a sudden are there - Where? ... I can't see it, but it's there somewhere...it's some kind of a shape shifting tree or limb that just appeared for a split second at the precise time your ball was in flight and in it's path...now it's gone, but your ball is not ... it's there in some 60%-70% unplayable lie ... "Seriously"(?)

It's almost like someone in the WGT Mission Control is forcing you into a bogey situation(?) You are allowed to get back on track and make a birdie or two, then the control switch is flipped, and here it goes again - One or two of the aforementioned happens, and the inevitable square or worse hits the card...hmmm(?)

If this is the so called VEM, the algorithm needs some tweaking to make it a little less obvious(?)

If this is the WGT Mission Control or Command Center, please don't make it so blatantly obvious.....

Also, while I'm in here ... Kill some of the adds that have increased to epidemic proportions throughout the game. I know the adds help to pay for the site, but "Seriously"(?)

That's all I have - Good Luck out there all, and watch out for the unforeseens....

"Seriously"

- C -

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 7:44 PM

Apart from the tree limb part - Think that issue at Merion #?still stands even if I have not seen it for an age - I am not seeing anything you describe.

You play much the same RGs I do (I skimmed your post and glanced main page history).  All I see is that when I guess a shot because I have been too lazy to map properly I get results that make me annoyed with myself for not bothering.  I repeat that mistake over and over.  In RG land those extra length putts that happen a bit too frequently are all my fault that I can see..........WTFs exist but nothing like you describe, and I think I get a fair shake on the same tracks.

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 11:21 PM

I don't see the question but I feel it!

Here's my reply:

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Thu, Jun 15 2017 1:23 PM

In an effort to help with the one part of your post I found viable, try "Adblock" ( atm I'm not seeing 7 of them ). Hey alosso, i thought i asked you to stop postin' that picture of me  before i grew my rack !

Doc :)

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Thu, Jun 15 2017 2:28 PM

drmoose:

i asked you to stop postin' that picture of me  before i grew my rack !

fify ;-)

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Thu, Jun 15 2017 2:58 PM

Lol Zio, much better !

• HIOSoon
    208 Posts
    Thu, Jun 15 2017 3:01 PM

Sticks050:
    "Seriously"(?)