Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Noob question (probably)....how on earth do i gain credits then, surveyless etc etc....

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 6 2017 7:54 PM (9 replies)
  • TheSpark4
    42 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2017 1:33 PM

Hello. New to both the game and to the forum, so please excuse me if this is in the wrong place or is a much asked question. I have a feeling it's probably both..... 😜

I'm keen to advance my game, whilst keeping the spend to a minimum. Already very apparent that coins mean little here, and that credits are the real deal. Have scoured the forum to some degree and the topic of surveys/vids seems very hit and miss.....Some have joy, some don't?

Whether relevant or not, I'm UK based, playing on an old Ipad2 with the latest IOS. The videos to watch are permanently greyed out and I seem unable to register an account with Peanut Labs. Get all way thru setting up an account and then get a 'redirecting you, please wait message', which sits there for 15-20mins (longest I've left it). Emailed them too, heard zip back.

Also, have tried some of the other surveys and can't seem to get past the first few questions before being 'kicked off' (even trying it with different answers to see if that makes a difference, it doesn't).

So, anyone have any idea what's up here? Is there any way I can get 'free' credits without winning them in tourneys? My game isn't nr good enough yet (only been playing 7 days!) for that, and having just blown 395 of my 440 credits on the R11 3wood, am I already only looking at having to dig out the plastic to bring me on faster?

If it is just tourneys to win free ***, do I have any hope being such a noob? Are there any tourneys, bracket or otherwise that I'd have more of a shot in than others?! 

Any help gladly received, and sorry again if this is a much-asked question......

Sparks 🍻

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2017 11:20 PM

Chances to win are scarce. You need good equipment first, and you should limit yourself to tiered events. Then, there are very talented and "talented" players around taking the cream from the cake.

Having no access to "free credits" will save you a lot of time and grief about the feeling of being scammed.

IMHO, it's better to invest some real money for this unexpensive leisure, and to spend it wisely. 10 bucks per week can carry far - just pay attention not to become addicted.

• borntobesting
    9,681 Posts
    Fri, Jun 30 2017 12:23 AM

TheSpark4:
    Whether relevant or not, I'm UK based, playing on an old Ipad2 with the latest IOS. The videos to watch are permanently greyed out and I seem unable to register an account with Peanut Labs. Get all way thru setting up an account and then get a 'redirecting you, please wait message', which sits there for 15-20mins (longest I've left it). Emailed them too, heard zip back.

Had you played at all on an Android device?  I play on both web version and mobile version. On the mobile side I play on an Iphone and an Android tablet. The watch video tab is greyed out on the Android tablet and Peanut Labs isn't on the Android tablet either. So maybe if you tried  an Android device the watch video tab would be active on it.

• TheSpark4
    42 Posts
    Fri, Jun 30 2017 5:48 AM

Thanks both for replying, much appreciated. 

No, only played on the ipad and that's unlikely to change. Wondered as much as anything if I might be missing a trick or doing something wrong. Apparent that I might as well kiss any notion of free credits goodbye then! 

Thx for the tip on played only bracketed tourney's Alosso, will stick with them once my game's more up to speed. i've read that the Daytona might be a good putter once that's available. Along with a couple of wedges they might have to be my only purchases for the time being.

Thanks again both, see you on the practice ground πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

• Butchbbay
    948 Posts
    Sat, Jul 1 2017 7:00 PM

Spark4.... You may want to check out the "Christmas in July" thread by opyeuclid that was just posted yesterday. Ask Santa for some new/better equipment (bear in mind you can't ask or receive anything above your current level). Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

If you have an Android device (smartphone or tablet) you can download the mobile app and watch the "earn free credits" videos. they are 2 credits each. You would be surprised how quick they add up. Give it a shot. I sit and get the free credits while I'm watching TV. 

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Jul 1 2017 9:25 PM

Butchbbay:
    Spark4.... You may want to check out the "Christmas in July" thread by opyeuclid that was just posted yesterday. Ask Santa for some new/better equipment (bear in mind you can't ask or receive anything above your current level).

Hey Spark,

Do as Butchbbay suggests, you can find the thread at the bottom of the forums page in the "And Everything Else" section (I think). I'm not sure how it's being run this year but it's usually a place where newer players to the game can ask Santa for a gift (a club they can't afford) and someone from the community fulfills their Christmas wishes.

Good luck.

MC

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, Jul 2 2017 7:10 AM

Hey Spark , I sent you a sleeve of Tour SD

Good Luck..

• TheSpark4
    42 Posts
    Mon, Jul 3 2017 9:52 AM

Thanks to all for your help, it's really appreciated. I did reply a few days ago to say cheers but 'awaiting moderation' blah as a noob, dunno why it hasn't been posted?😳

Can't see me playing on Android anytime as ipad seems enough for me (tho does seem IOS mobile players get it rough with no vids, harder to hit the ding etc etc?!), so will have to either git gud in the tiered events as per alosso's advice, or dig out the plastic some point.

i'll certainlly be keeping an eye on that Santa thread, what a lovely idea and impressive for a forum. Only other online game I've ever played had a downright toxic forum, this seems a breath of fresh air! Anyway, i have my eye on the Daytona putter upon reaching lvl 51 so might check in there once i hit that dizzy height πŸ˜‚

So, thanks again for the pointers and taking the time to help, much appreciated πŸ‘

• TheSpark4
    42 Posts
    Thu, Jul 6 2017 8:28 AM

Thanks very much, how kind! Bet i look a right tit having thanked whichever kind soul in my cc now, assumed there were from somewhere there 😜

Enjoying the game a great deal so far, can hardly bloody put it down! I played Tiger Woods a lot in my yoof and play off single figs IRL so love the realism and challenge of it all. Struggling with my chips/pitches/flops around the greens, but putting nicely and hitting the ball generally ok. Course management is coming on slowly too. 

Stumped up for the 64/60deg Clevelands and will get the TM driver when i reach lvl 48. Loving the wedges so far, All the club advice on the forum is great, already have my eyes on the Ping G25's when i get that far. Will probably dip my toe into that Santa thread for the Daytona putter in due course too πŸŽ„πŸ‘

Might someone advise which of the remaining Cleveland wedges (the mid level one's, lvl 29-31 or whatever is) I should get to compliment to the Ping 25's once I get them? Just wanna ensure I get the best 'fit' to tie in with the PW in that set...

thx again all 🍻

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Thu, Jul 6 2017 7:54 PM

Add the 56 degree wedge when you drop the hybrid.  That will give you 60, 75, 90 yards on the wedges, and the Ping PW is 115.  The 52 degree is 105, and the 30 yard gap from the 60 degree is a bit too wide.

RSS