Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Is the power meter accurate?

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 18 2011 8:49 AM (2 replies)
  • MacBondi
    3 Posts
    Wed, May 18 2011 5:14 AM

Assuming level ground, no wind etc, If my club has a potential distance of 180yards and I drag the power meter to exactly half way along the power meter will the shot travel 90 yards or is the meter weighted more heavily at one end than the other? 

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, May 18 2011 8:39 AM

MacBondi:

Assuming level ground, no wind etc, If my club has a potential distance of 180yards and I drag the power meter to exactly half way along the power meter will the shot travel 90 yards or is the meter weighted more heavily at one end than the other? 

No

rule of thumb is you want to hit as much full power as possible. if you have 180 club and aim 1/2 way you may hit 90 yards once but other times 70 or 110. but if you hit 100club with 90% power, u'll hit 90  99/100 times.

same applies for putts, chips, etc.

-wgticon

• TheProfessorX
    41 Posts
    Wed, May 18 2011 8:49 AM

Excellent tip wgticon.

That explains a LOT about what has happenned with some of my shots. I did notice that the more power you put into a shot the more accurate the distance winds up being.

This also explains why certain irons need to be used for certain distances even if they dont match the exact yardage.

RSS