Forums

Help › Forums

Re: GIMIES WITH-IN 6 INCHES

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 30 2010 11:01 AM (4 replies)
  • ERNIEJR
    1 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2009 6:14 PM

ALRIGHT I KNOW I WOULD HAVE EVERYONE BEHIND ME ON THIS BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT MAKES PEOPLE FRUSTRATED WHILE PLAYING THE GAME. WHEN YOU GET ON THE GREEN AND YOUR PUTTING, PEOPLE TRY TAKING THERE TIME TO MAKE THE PUTT HOWEVER FAR IT MAY BE. SO THEY SELECT THERE PUTTERS DICTANCE AND GET THE GREEN LINE RIGHT ON THE WHITE LINE. THE BALL IS ROLLING, ROLLING,ROLLING, AND IT RIMS THE CUP. NOT ONLY RIMES THE CUP BUT STOPS RIGHT BEFORE THE CUP. OR JUST MISSES THE CUP BY LESS THAN AN INCH. ITS CRAZY PEOPLE JUST CANT BELIEVE IT, THEY GET FRUSTRATED, AND THEN EVENTUALY LEAVE THE  GAME AND START OVER. SO WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY IS THAT MABYE IF YOU GET THE PUTT WITH-IN A HALF FOOT(6 INCHES) YOU REALLY MADE THE PUTT(GIMIE). IT WOULD MAKE PLAYERS HAVE A MORE ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE AND HAVE LESS COMPLAINING.

-PLEASE CONSIDER 

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2009 6:42 PM

Been mentioned several times before ... will maybe never happen. As for myslef, I really don't believe in gimmees ... I've missed 2 or 3 times from under 6" ... not sure how, but it's a sad fact.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2009 7:28 PM

You don't have me behind you, either; I'm against gimmies. Doesn't help if you type everything in ALL CAPS; and if you believe most quitters are motivated to quit because of a lack of gimmies, that's just naive.

What could, perhaps (as I feel it), be considered is the option to allow someone whose putt ends up within inches of the cup to tap in immediately (not automatically, though; it would still have to be a manual putt), without waiting for the other person to putt whose ball is still yards away from the pin. This could speed up multi-players. As to how this could be employed in multi-players so that there are no arguments about whose turn it is to putt, I'm not sure.

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2009 7:54 PM

While watching the BMW Championship today saw a Pro, can't remember his name, lip out 2 gimmie style putts. I was waiting for the putter throw !  I am against the gimmie putt for this reason. Take your licks and move on.

• Imbroglio
    26 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 11:01 AM

I think gimmies within a reasonable range in which, with this game at least, it's virtually impossible to miss, would be a welcome addition, mostly because it would speed the game along a bit.  I certainly understand (and hold myself) the purist point of view in the real game, but this is a video game for cryin' out loud; it should be fun, and it's no fun hitting 4-inch putts.

RSS