Help › Forums

Re: Being called a cheat!!

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 26 2017 1:51 PM (8 replies)
  • seasider5
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2017 8:37 AM

Hi,

I have never posted on here before but have just had a game with a "Legend" and I won the first 3 holes. He started to call me a cheat and saying the likes of me spoil the game!. He then wanted to drop the match, i declined so he quit.

Has this happened to others?, Maybe its because im only at master level?

He said i was a cheat because no way was i a master. I told him i play the same now as the first time i played. I cant control my levels can i?.

I have never cheated, its not in my nature.

This has made me wonder if i should stop playing.

If YOU are reading this you should be ashamed.

Sorry for the rant!

I feel better now!

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2017 11:07 AM

A few thoughts come to mind.

First, yes, it happens to other people. In fact, there are some players who have been called out on these boards as cheaters. So, what happened to you is neither uncommon nor even all that bad because it was only done to you privately and not in a public, online forum.

Second, just make a note to never play that person again. Or simply add him/her to your "blocked players" list.

Third, I noticed that you don't belong to a country club. There are a lot of great clubs out there. Consider joining a CC and getting to know its members and start playing rounds with them.

Yes, it's great to rant. I love a good rant as much as anyone else. But I wouldn't leave the game over what happened to you. Just let it go, knowing you're not the first person that something like has happened, and you won't be the last.

Play well!

• 77Rachel
    1,590 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2017 11:48 AM

Haha,

A smart guy once told me that we haven't arrived until we have been called a cheater.

Another smart man once said, "they don't boo nobodies".

• seasider5
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2017 11:51 AM

Good idea about the blocked player option.

Thanks

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2017 12:15 PM

I was called a cheat  once ,   I knew then that I was getting good at this game , I took it as a compliment loll.  Take it the same way  ,you just told and shown him that he is not has good as he imagine lolllll.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2017 12:44 PM

Sent you a CC invite........None of that in the CC but always a few randoms out there who cry when they lose.......Most people are great but always going to be a few........If you accept the offer great and if not wish you well on your road.

Cheers

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2017 1:09 PM

This is an online game - all kinds of weird people are around! Some use insults and accusations as a relief when they lose, some use it as a tactic to gain an unfair advantage.

Harassing calls of cheats, racism, religion, chauvinism and others are all the same - hatred and being inapt to grant the win to another person.

In your case, the view of a high level (89) Master may be a "reason" for blame - not objectively, but when so. is searching...

It's not your fault but the other's - he's a poor&low creature.

I'd say, "block him and forget", it ain't worth a second thought.

Look for friends and/or a CC and seek fun in the game!

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2017 1:49 PM

Good advice from Alosso.

I was called cheater once too. It annoyed me to the point of posting about it as well.

Bottom line. 99% of the people I've encountered on the virtual links have been the sort of folks I wouldn't mind having a beer with. But there's one in every bar!

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2017 1:51 PM

seasider5:
    I have never posted on here before but have just had a game with a "Legend" and I won the first 3 holes. He started to call me a cheat and saying the likes of me spoil the game!. He then wanted to drop the match, i declined so he quit.

Did you look at the message on his status, Lol.

RSS