Forums

Help › Forums

Re: just an observation...

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 4 2017 12:00 PM (7 replies)
  • spokes100
    17 Posts
    Thu, Aug 3 2017 8:50 AM

I recently advanced from Amateur to Pro and without changing clubs or balls played half a dozen more games.  That day and the days before while still an Amateur I shot in the 80's for quite a few games.  As soon as I started playing as a Pro I couldn't break 100 and all my shots seemed more sensitive on the meter.

Today I was playing a Blitz game with a fella who was a Tour Pro and he was having the same experience.  He's been barely able to break 100 since becoming a tour pro.

I realize my scores start over again when you make a new tier but don't understand why they change so drastically.  They have begun to come down but I still haven't shot less than 45 for 9 holes only once.  I'm sure I'll get the hang of it and be back below 80 again with practice.

I'm just curious if anyone else has the same thing happen to them.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Thu, Aug 3 2017 7:29 PM

The game changes somethings each time you tier up.  When you went from Amateur to Pro the tee box went from Easy to Medium, and the green speed went from Standard to Fast.

So you are now playing holes that are longer and greens that are faster.  It's all part of the challenge of the game.

Just try and learn to play, especially all the different types of shots and have fun.  Play all the courses and learn them.

Good Luck and keep playing and enjoying the game.

phred952

• spokes100
    17 Posts
    Fri, Aug 4 2017 4:09 AM

Thank you phred952 for the information.  I was told by numerous people at my country club there were no changes, it was just me.  Shows ya what they know!

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Fri, Aug 4 2017 8:45 AM

Yep, what phred said. In addition, a much more reliable source of information than some of your CC members, is to use the search feature,

over here >>>

Doc :)

• spokes100
    17 Posts
    Fri, Aug 4 2017 10:28 AM

Thanks drmoose, I'll have to try that, this game is too much fun to give up on just like real golf, it's the challenge that keeps you coming back!

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Aug 4 2017 11:26 AM

phred952:
     When you went from Amateur to Pro the tee box went from Easy to Medium, and the green speed went from Standard to Fast.

He would have changed tees but I think the green speed stays the same.

I believe the green speed changes come when the tier name has 'tour' in it.

• AlmostHorrible
    89 Posts
    Fri, Aug 4 2017 12:00 PM

same thing happened to me when i hit tour pro. took about a week for my scores to come down.

difficulty jumped up a ton to me as well. but over time i got used to it and am now back down below 70 average. though that took another couple weeks

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Fri, Aug 4 2017 1:11 PM

PaulTon:
    phred952:
     When you went from Amateur to Pro the tee box went from Easy to Medium, and the green speed went from Standard to Fast.

He would have changed tees but I think the green speed stays the same.

Correct if there is a "Pro" tier but not from "Amateur".

Except for the Legend tier, this is the only upgrade with a double increase in difficulty, see the tab:

Tier Tees Greens
    Hack Easy slow
    Amateur Easy standard
    Pro Medium fast
    Tour Pro Medium very fast
    Master hard very fast
    Tour Master hard Tourney 1
    Legend Champ Tourney 2
    Tour Legend Champ Champ

In this stage, it's also difficult to have tourneys with differing conditions - you may get fooled by them from one game to the other!

RSS