Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Game locking Windows 7, 64 bit vs Windows XP

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 23 2011 4:34 PM (5 replies)
  • Stagehand
    63 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2011 9:20 PM
    For some reason over the last few time I have played, the game is locking for the most part I will just time out a hole, but for the second time, it has locked up a game all together. Now I know about changing the quality, and I have changed it to low, but I was wondering if I need to make any additional changes because my new system it a windows 7 64bit, my old system was an XP. If you can pass me on any past info or new info about lockup's and lockout's would be of great help. My conversion from Windows 7 64bit has only been in the last two weeks. Thanks again for any help. Stagehand
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2011 9:29 PM

Stagehand:
    For some reason over the last few time I have played, the game is locking for the most part I will just time out a hole, but for the second time, it has locked up a game all together. Now I know about changing the quality, and I have changed it to low, but I was wondering if I need to make any additional changes because my new system it a windows 7 64bit, my old system was an XP. If you can pass me on any past info or new info about lockup's and lockout's would be of great help. My conversion from Windows 7 64bit has only been in the last two weeks. Thanks again for any help. Stagehand

I use Win 7 64bit also and no issues. I suspect it's something else, maybe flash or settings or temp files. Unfortunately, it's too hard to just guess.

-wgticon

• Stagehand
    63 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2011 10:39 PM
    well from what I can tell you have more experince with conputer than I. How long have you been runing Win 64? If long do you think it can be any problem with my Nivida card? I have this high tork cards /3D/tweekalbe, and 12 gig of playable memory? A guess would be nice for me.. I will go and make the corrections. For me with out any abitly to correct the problem I will not be able to play again. So I have no choice but to ask. Stage
  • 6six6
    194 Posts
    Mon, May 23 2011 8:52 AM

maybe your pc's dusty and getting warm. i blow mine out once a month by reversing the shop vac, blows all kinds of dust etc. out

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, May 23 2011 9:21 AM

Stagehand:
    well from what I can tell you have more experince with conputer than I. How long have you been runing Win 64? If long do you think it can be any problem with my Nivida card? I have this high tork cards /3D/tweekalbe, and 12 gig of playable memory? A guess would be nice for me.. I will go and make the corrections. For me with out any abitly to correct the problem I will not be able to play again. So I have no choice but to ask. Stage

conduct a windows experience index (a test) and see if your hardware can handle windows 7

i suspect it can though...

first make sure your flash is installed properly. and try different browsers, latest video drivers need to be installed too

-wgticon

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Mon, May 23 2011 4:34 PM

I am on Win 7 64-bit as well with no issues Stage, that alone isn't the problem.

Have you looked at the windows logifles to see if they give you any clues as to what is happening?

RSS