Forums

Help › Forums

Re: There has to be a way

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 26 2011 4:44 PM (8 replies)
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2011 6:35 AM

There has to be a way to figure out where to put the blue arrow for aiming. Right now I am using the meter to guess and stop it either before or after the white center line.

Would someone please explain, if there is a way.

Thanks

Gary

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2011 9:16 AM

Woodoworkery:

There has to be a way to figure out where to put the blue arrow for aiming. Right now I am using the meter to guess and stop it either before or after the white center line.

Would someone please explain, if there is a way.

Thanks

Gary

Hi

can you explain what are you trying to do in more detail so we can help?

thanks

-wgticon

• Cleworthy
    3,468 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2011 9:20 AM

Put your mouse pointer on the blue "delta", click and hold, then drag it to where you want.  You can do this on either the main view or the mini view.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2011 9:34 AM

OK, when you are on the green the blue arrow starts out in the center of the hole.

The green shows you the break . Now what I do is if the break is to the right of the hole I try to stop the meter to the right of the center line. I have to totaly guess how much pass the center line to go.

What I am asking, is there a way to figure out where to move the blue arrow so you just have to try and get the meter to hit the center line.

Thanks

Gary

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2011 11:57 AM

Ok I think you mean this...

you at the green and u see left to right break and aim marger at the hole. and you are asking how do you aim?

well, it's a complex question but i'll try to simplify:

you want to aim left to negate the break. how much you aim will depend on the break and your estimation of it. that's where practice comes into play.

also, elevation and speed of putt comes into play....but best advice is, hit it and see the result and adjust next time. you may keep physical or mental notes. but experience is key

some of us have 4000+ rounds and are still learning

-wgticon

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2011 4:24 PM

I think he's saying he can't move the blue point. 

All you have to do is click on it and aim it. :/

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2011 4:47 PM

No, I can move the blue arrow. I need to know is there a way to figure out where to place the blue arrow on the grid?

Gary

• seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2011 4:21 PM

Use the box above the arrow with the distance to hole in it. Click and drag it instead.

WGTIcon, this seems to be a problem since Congressional. I have logged it twice.

On some holes you can click and drag the arrowhead, on others you have to click and drag the info box above it.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2011 4:44 PM

Woodoworkery:
    I need to know is there a way to figure out where to place the blue arrow on the grid?

Sorry their fella. Their are NO shortcuts when it comes to putting. It's just like WGTICON said. You move the arrow to try to negate the break of the green. It's anybody's guess as to how far you move it. And again just like WGTICON said it's just going to take experience on your part to be able to do this and sink the ball consistently. Trial and error fella. I know this isn't the answer your probably looking for but it's the only answer you will ever get. The way I putt is I click and hold the arrow and the line from my ball to the arrow appears. So looking at the break of the green I try to envision the ball rolling towards the hole and moving with the break of the green. If I think it will miss the hole then I move the arrow left or right and once i think I'm good I go ahead and putt. It works for me most of the time. Well i hope this has answered your question. And I also hope i haven't confused you. Now get out there and practice practice practice. Good luck to ya!

Master Yoda

RSS