Forums

Help › Forums

Re: accuracy problems, please help.

Wed, May 25 2011 2:45 PM (5 replies)
  • darrenpaulLMB
    180 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2011 5:27 PM

I have just finished a round on st Andrews and have encountered a problem that I have noticed several times.

on several of my approach shots, with the aiming arrow right in the middle of the hole, with no cross wind, I hit the meter right on the solid white line (which should land the ball right on the line of the aiming arrow) but it doesn't.

why is this? I have noticed this problem since I first started playing. at first I thought it was just my poor accuracy, but I have got better and I still have the same problem.

does anyone have any ideas?

please help.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2011 5:37 PM

NO, it will happen. It just will and does, welcome my friend.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2011 6:57 PM

It is the built in deviation dpLBM,

The game is programmed to have a certain amount of variability built into all shots, both dinged and mishits. Sometimes it makes the good strikes go bad, and sometimes it makes the mishits more forgiving - for what that's worth......

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2011 4:11 AM

Clubs have forgiveness and precision built in.  The less precise clubs are usually more forgiving, meaning you can mishit and still get a decent shot.  However, those clubs with a lower precision have a larger landing zone, and the shot can go to anywhere within that zone.

And yes, it is part of what introduces a human element to the game, or all you would need is a calculator and good reflexes to shoot great every time.

How many times do you see a golfer standing in the fairway shaking his head because the ball didn't exactly do what he expected?  Welcome to the world of computer generated human error.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2011 6:14 AM

HERE is how it works.

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2011 2:45 PM

Simple question, are you compensating for the wind?

RSS