Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Levels & Wind

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 25 2011 5:29 AM (2 replies)
  • GreyMack
    60 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2011 4:59 AM

Been playing regularly on WGT now for a few months and throurally enjoying it, I did however find it a big challenge when I went from Tour Pro to Master.....that definetly took time to get used to. Now with my average getting close to 63 and Tour master looming i was wondering what changes can i expect when I level up........even further back on the tees?

My 2nd question is regarding wind :)

I know i can play the same 18 hole tournement and get different wind conditions to the next player, in that respect it seems to be random with regard to direction etc but the same on strength???? Last week i was playing St Andrews No 16 and had a 25mph wind behind, so i came of the hole with a birdie after driving the green and thought great 17 is going to be much easier today.....nope 20mph head wind.......How does that work, both holes are relatively pointing the same direction so how can they have opposite wind directions, unless the wind is completly random on each hole?

Any assistance would be greatfully received.

• SeabrookFlash
    463 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2011 5:28 AM

I too have been really enjoying the time I spend playing WGT and have made it as far as Tour Master.  To answer your question, I don't think there is a great difference between Master and Tour Master.  We already play on Tournament speed greens and that was my biggest adjustment.  I don't recall the tees going any farther back but I could be mistaken.  Now,  I am sure that as a Legend you will have to tee it up from the parking lot or somewhere in the next county but the new equipment and golf balls make that transition easier, so I am told.  I can't  wait to find out first hand.  

As for the wind conditions, I have no real idea how that is determined.  I have had a gale force wind in my face on 8 out of 9 holes,  at times and really cannot shed any light on that.  

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2011 5:29 AM

The only difference between the levels is faster greens and yes the winds are random.

RSS