Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Practice facilities

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 17 2017 8:11 AM (3 replies)
  • Bateleur0
    15 Posts
    Fri, Sep 15 2017 11:42 PM

Hi Guys, i am new to WGT and find it to be a great game to play online as opposed to the real thing. My query is this, there is a putting practice green which is very helpful for practicing your putting, why is there no practice bunker or am i missing something? Sand traps are as important to practice chips, flops, pitches etc as what putting is in my humble opinion .

Regards.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sat, Sep 16 2017 10:34 AM

No you have to pick a hole from a course and hit the ball into the trap to practice shots from it.  Remember there is a limit of 15 shots per hole and then you move on to the next hole.  

If you go to the "WGT COMMUNITY" Tab up top you can bring up a drop down for "GOLF COURSES".  This will allow you to select and play any ONE hole on ONE course, and is a great way to practice.  The default is for short tees, standard green speeds and low wind.  Use the mulligan feature to take the shot over again.  Remember that you are charged 2 shots on all balls for using the feature, except for the starter ball.

So find a hole with a bunker you want to practice from and use this to get there.

• Bateleur0
    15 Posts
    Sat, Sep 16 2017 7:08 PM

Hi phred952, you are a wealth of information. For the second time in a matter of days you have put me on the right track.  As i said in a previous reply, it is not often you are wrong, but once again you are right. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sun, Sep 17 2017 8:11 AM

Or you can go play CTTH or single Blitz rounds to work on your short game . You wont get any benefits from a driving range . So play stroke play practice rounds if you really want to learn how to play .

RSS