Help › Forums

Re: Same shot different result

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 17 2017 9:45 AM (9 replies)
  • Bateleur0
    15 Posts
    Sun, Sep 17 2017 1:52 AM

Hi Guys,

Maybe someone can throw some light on this. I have been practicing approach shots on hole 4 at Erin, i kept taking the mulligan and on occasion i have hit the ding consecutively, same club same conditions everything, yet the ball does not end up in the same place. Another thing i have noticed is in the Blitz games i might be for instance at 11.3 yrds from the hole and the "leading on total score" player is at 11.5 yrds and he wins the hole?

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Sun, Sep 17 2017 6:03 AM

Winning the hole is by how many points you won not who's

closest to the hole.

• Bateleur0
    15 Posts
    Sun, Sep 17 2017 6:11 AM

Surely by virtue of being closest to the hole i should get more points for that hole and win the hole, especially since we are all teeing off from the same position with the same environmental attributes.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sun, Sep 17 2017 8:07 AM

When you are practicing if you click on the marker you will find the answer . Even though the arc may look  like its at the same placment it isnt . Sometimes it will be to the left or right of where you think you are hitting . Its never dead center of the marker . Also use the search box >>>>>>>> and find the threads that are about precision to get a better understanding as well .

Also hitting the ding does not mean that you hit the perfect shot . That just means that you hit the ball with the sweet spot ( center of the club face ) .

• Bateleur0
    15 Posts
    Sun, Sep 17 2017 8:39 AM

Thank you for the explanation, much appreciated. I am new to WGT and obviously have questions regarding the game play etc. i will definitely do a search for threads on precision and of course the bane of my life, choosing the correct shot out of sand bunkers.:(

• borntobesting
    9,681 Posts
    Sun, Sep 17 2017 11:00 AM

Have you ever hit 2 shots exactly the same in real golf?? I sort of doubt it. Same here no 2 shots are going to be exactly the same. That's what makes the game so challenging and fun. 

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Sun, Sep 17 2017 1:23 PM

borntobesting:
    Same here no 2 shots are going to be exactly the same.

+1

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Sep 17 2017 4:06 PM

Ditto that. And to cut through all the mathematics involving precision, forgiveness and the dreaded VEM, what it really comes down to is this:

Some days you eat the bear, and some days the bear eats you.

RSS