Forums

Help › Forums

Re: ranked games

Mon, Nov 6 2017 9:12 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Mon, Nov 6 2017 5:49 AM
    While on the subject of ranked games, WGT recently said (in a message to a player in my CC) that country club tournaments played using custom tee boxes no longer count towards a player's average. I can understand their reasoning, in fact I think it's a great idea to keep players from lowering their averages playing tournaments from the little girls' tees - but if there was any notification from WGT I missed it.
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Nov 6 2017 6:22 AM
    Yeah, it does not count toward your average. I wish it did. It does work in your stats, I had a albatross on one and it counted
  • pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Mon, Nov 6 2017 6:37 AM
    It is nice that at least the stats are counted.
  • twinponds169
    3,027 Posts
    Mon, Nov 6 2017 6:47 AM
    I think there must be some mixup or miscommunication there between "custom courses" and "custom tees". I would think that red tees no longer counting towards average would have been big and welcome news and would have gotten a lot of reaction here in the forums if that change had been made......soooo....I went and played one just now after reading this and my average DID drop after the round was done. I have a blast playing some red tees once in a while, it's a fun change of pace especially if you are playing others at your level in them...but...I so wish they did not count towards average. I don't give a flying hoot what others think about my average but I know I am not a 55 avg and more like a 57-58 avg without the red tees in there.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Nov 6 2017 7:27 AM
    twinponds169:
    I think there must be some mixup or miscommunication there between "custom courses" and "custom tees".

The way I understood what WGT said was that courses built within the CC with the course builder were the ones that wouldn't count.

IDK how that builder works but I imagine you could set up some silly conditions, like 5 par 3s and 4 par 4s for a 31 par. Then go shoot some ridiculous score like 21.

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Mon, Nov 6 2017 9:12 AM
    +1

Authorised CC members can set up custom courses from all available genuine holes, any combination, any Par.

Not in average calculation.

The Course Builder (400 cr) is used to publish a tournament with a CC Custom Course.

• PAGES
RSS