Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Parse Error questions

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 6 2011 11:22 AM (4 replies)
  • Nkunsi85
    9 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2011 8:00 AM

Firstly, I have read up on what a parse error is and to my understanding it is when  a particular piece of code is not correctly interpreted by a program.

Now am I correct in thinking that the program reading the code is the WGT game client? So why then does it ahve a problem understanding it's own code?

Why is it such a random problem? If there was a code error surely it would always hang up and not just sometimes.

I have been lead to believe that this is a region specific problem but I see guys from USA, UK, AUS and RSA suffering all the time, so it cannot possibly be a certain coutries ISP's causing the problem as suggested by WGT

and finally why is the problem FAR more frequent in multiplay games, I play both single and multi and very rarely suffer on single play. But most days will have a few parse errors in multiplay.

Any insight would be appreciated.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2011 9:46 AM

Here is what I know of parse error and this is just based on my own guesses.

Parse errors are timeouts in loading certain assets (by assets I mean, screenshots on angles, or other animations, like reverse views, etc). The game data is on many servers worldwide, so sometimes your connection to those servers maybe unstable. In other way, say you go to google.com, you typed address and click enter and usually takes 2 seconds and today took 8 seconds to load it. Well, that's similar to parse error, cause it took a while to load it, just you see it differently.

Now, some country's still filter all incoming traffic, such as South Africa, so when something happens, in the USA few random players are affected by it, but in SA case, most of the country is.

Now, those are just guesses on my end, but i'd call them educated guesses. I could be off or wrong though.

-wgticon

• Nicholas99
    429 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2011 11:24 AM

i had the same problem a few weeks ago i wrote it on the forum but they said it was on my end. well that was not true at all because i came back a few hours later and it worked fine.

Nick

• Nkunsi85
    9 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2011 3:20 AM

Now I understand, that does make sense. Thanks for your input I guess well just have to accept it then can't expect WGT to controll the internet lol.

Cheers guys great game

• miksu1007
    2 Posts
    Tue, Sep 6 2011 11:22 AM

same here

RSS