Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The Crown Royal

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 3 2017 8:11 PM (5 replies)
  • varthurv
    5 Posts
    Tue, Nov 28 2017 1:03 PM

I have started a new country club. I hope to get other golfers to join. I work hard to level up. I'm working on level 4 right now. I'm a daily player, and would listen to any suggestions to make our club better. Thanks

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Dec 1 2017 12:36 PM

You have 5 friends and do not play alternate shot or match play games. You need to meet other players. These types of games give you that opportunity. Clubs are about community and common interests. People in real life join clubs to be around people that they like and enjoy spending time with. The same can be said for the best clubs on WGT.

As you play with others and create a rapport you can personally talk about your club, exchange ideas and even offer invitations. This is a better way than sending out mass invitations to strangers. You are able to weed out the chaff before you even start.

As the club grows, recommendations from members becomes the best tool to continued growth because the members already care about the quality of THEIR club. (You need to make sure that the members know it is not your club but theirs.)

Then it is necessary to have a program to keep interest high. In house tournaments and keggers come to mind as ways to keep members happy. ( Hmm, the frat boy in me is slipping out.)  You get the idea.

• Chris1973M
    1,832 Posts
    Sat, Dec 2 2017 7:06 AM
    well said Hack!!
  • bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Sat, Dec 2 2017 7:19 PM

As a CC owner some of the members call me Boss and I hate it, I just hate it !. Hack says it best - its our club. I have had people come and go but there are the loyal ones who have stayed for 5 years. Our only rule is "have fun". Good luck in your future.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Dec 3 2017 2:50 AM

bypass07:

As a CC owner some of the members call me Boss and I hate it, I just hate it !. Hack says it best - its our club. I have had people come and go but there are the loyal ones who have stayed for 5 years. Our only rule is "have fun". Good luck in your future.

I do the same Bypass, I tell them all this is your club and the only real rule is enjoy yourself.

It's but a game

• mjeepp83
    264 Posts
    Sun, Dec 3 2017 8:11 PM

thanks boss

RSS