Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Proper Course Etiquette

Tue, Dec 19 2017 2:52 PM (6 replies)
  • Peterf560
    5 Posts
    Tue, Dec 19 2017 6:58 AM

Here's my beef. It just seems that I've run into a fair number of absolute numbskulls recently in playing in various rooms on this platform. I love the format...love the gameplay...the courses...the graphics and quite honestly all aspects of the community. I do however I find it interesting that on this community blog there is a button to report abuse...but not so in the chat that is made available in head to head matches. 

I'm an adult but a lot of kids play this game as well and there are those who play here whose conduct is simply unacceptable. One of the things golf teaches thru its etiquette is fair play and sportsmanship. Yet I continually run into players that spew profanity right out the gate unprovoked for no apparent reason other than to get under someone's skin. While I understand in the heat of the battle sometimes people lose their cool and I get that...however there is a difference between losing your cool and verbally abusing an opponent for kicks. 

Just as the tour has a code of conduct and does not tolerate their players acting like idiots without repercussions. They are disciplined and if need be suspended as a result of their actions. First thing I would recommend is putting a process in place to report players that engage in this type behavior and if a player is reported enough he or she should be suspended and if continues then they should be removed and not allowed back into the community. Yes I realize someone can create a new ID...however if you block the player by IP address they can create how ever many ID's they want and won't be able to get back in. I would also suggest creating a mute button that would allow players to mute players and block their chat if they are abusive.

The only question I have is the last guy I had to deal was particularly obnoxious and he was the last person I blocked however I can't seem to find anywhere on here a listing of the players I've blocked. If anyone knows how to locate that list please let me know. I would also welcome your thoughts on what I have laid out here. Thanks again...look forward to competing against you all in the months to come. Peterf560

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 19 2017 7:18 AM

Peterf560:
    I would recommend is putting a process in place to report players that engage in this type behavior and if a player is reported enough he or she should be suspended

There is one-take a screenshot of the offensive chat and send it to WGT.

Members@worldgolftour.com

IDK how that is accomplished on the mobile platform but it does get results.

Peterf560:
    I can't seem to find anywhere on here a listing of the players I've blocked.

Under your Account-tab at top right-Block Players. You'll see the list.  :-)

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Tue, Dec 19 2017 7:55 AM

YankeeJim:
    Peterf560:
    I can't seem to find anywhere on here a listing of the players I've blocked.

Under your Account-tab at top right-Block Players. You'll see the list.  :-)

Not on (Android) mobile, I'm afraid.

In the browser, that Flash part isn't available, and in the app, the only part of "account" available is "buy coins" + "buy credits".

• Peterf560
    5 Posts
    Tue, Dec 19 2017 8:09 AM

Thanks. Yeah I play on an Ipad Pro. the graphics are way better on it....there is a way to take a screen shot knowing the devise.....you hit the round button that is the return button more or less and the top right power on/off button at the same time at will capture the entire screen. I will do that in the future and thanks for the imput.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 19 2017 8:11 AM

In that case, logging on to WGT from a PC would be the only way.  :-(

• Robert1893
    7,711 Posts
    Tue, Dec 19 2017 8:22 AM

@Peterf560

I agree with the advice above on taking a screen shot. For iPhones and iPads, simply hold down the sleep/wake (on/off) button + the home button.

That should take a screen shot and save it to Photos.

If you have an Android, that system is similar. I would just Google it (i.e. screen shot + android + tablet). You should get a number of hits that walk you through the process.

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Tue, Dec 19 2017 2:52 PM

If it's possible just stick to playing with guys/gals from your own CC. Should help with behavior issues.

Have found a few more of these Bell ends on the mobile platform than on the P.C version. If nobody available from your own CC then at least off your friends list. Or you take pot luck on the loony wheel of death. :-)

RSS