Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Playin bad!!

Wed, Jan 3 2018 4:54 AM (9 replies)
  • Swede56
    128 Posts
    Sat, Dec 23 2017 9:31 AM

Hello fellow golf lovers...

Just a few lines and some reflections about this game we all are playing, the Top Golf WGT ...

First of all, there could be problems with my computer and all things connected to it, but it is the same piece of equipment I've had for the last 5 years..Too much, too  old some of you say. Could be, but I have friends playin' the latest games with the latest and upgraded gear..

They don't experience any problem in those games, but when we meet on WGT, it's the same thing for them as for me!!

The problem big for everyone is the(no) ding!!  For me it's that it doesn't stop when clickin the mouse. Sometimes it doesn't seem to affect the ball, sometimes it's a lost one...I tried buyin a new mouse, Logitech G502, but it didn't change a thing.. I've played this since 2012 and believe I should be pretty good at it.. I often feel like a newbi.   LOL

Second it feels like WGT did something with puttin', especially uphill. It's a huge difference. I believed I had contro,l but it have changed over the last years.

I always started with a 9-holer , now it's just a hole . Don't want to spoil my statistics, and lose XP for the club!!

Just wanted  to hear if there is more friends out there experience the same thing.

All you blessed by God, with  fantasy scores like 52-53 in full storm...Don't bother.. Don't want to hear it .......

Really want to play, but a little frustrated.

1460 consecutive days!!!!!

Swede56

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sat, Dec 23 2017 11:18 AM

It could be many things when playing the game . Unfortunately there is no 1 fix for all but multiple choices for everyone . So you will have to go through the fire for a better system .

#1 Try a different browser . Google " Best browser " for your system or Best browser for 2017 . This will give you a list of various browsers and how they are rated . Go down the list and find the one that works best for you .Many players use a version of Maxthon browser and most do so with great results . I use Maxthon Cloud 4.9 and have very few problems .

#2 Even though you tried a new mouse , did you also adjust the click speed of the mouse ? If you go into your mouse settings you will see that you can adjust the speed of your mouse for a faster response .

#3 De-clutter your computer . The more stuff you have stored on your computer the slower it will become . Remove anything you really dont need excessive program downloads could be your problem . Also make sure that you keep your system cleaned and maintained . A good system cleaner to remove junk files and clean your registry is a plus and will make a great difference .

#4 %appdata% Type this into your program search and it will allow you to access and clean files manually . I use it to clear my local file storage as well as flash files and browser files . This too will help make your computer faster .

Try these suggestions and see what works best for you . Some will and maybe some wont , but at least its a start .

Putting has always been a hit or miss . Sometimes you cant miss even if you want to . Other times you cant hit an elephant in the behind with a banjo . I know the feeling very well . Its practice practice and even more practice . Im a miss ding player from tee to green even when putting I may miss ding . The game will have an effect on your putting to a certain degree . 

Understanding that no putt is guaranteed to be made . If you watch real golf then you will see the worlds best miss putts , even the easy ones . Yardages , breaks those seen as well as unseen . Even false reads will cause misses when putting , its all part of the game .

Hope the suggestions help you with finding your fix . As for the putting its simple , practice practice and more practice . Good luck and again hope this helps . Also Merry Christmas to you and your family and may you also have a Happy New Year . :-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Dec 23 2017 12:02 PM

Swede56:
    but it is the same piece of equipment I've had for the last 5 years.

That shouldn't make a difference, I'm playing on the same laptop I signed up for WGT on in 2009. And Lonnie did a decent job of pointing out things that can make a difference but the only thing I have ever seen that causes the problem you described is Flash. 

Every time Flash updates you see a preponderance of complaints about the game changing, usually with that very complaint-the meter doesn't stop or jerks.  WGT used to advise playing until it straightens out (which basically said give them time to adapt to the update.) I don't have meter problems and I truly believe it's because I have a dedicated browser with an old version of Flash and it never updates.

IDK how computer savvy you are but I would take a long look at your Flash situation and possibly look to installing an older version. It isn't simple to do but it's not that hard as long as you do it Adobe's way.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Dec 23 2017 12:28 PM

I'm sure you know this, but I recommended several different Logitech Gaming mouses to someone years ago, and he didn't see any difference because he never downloaded the "Gaming" software, if your not running the software with the mouse, it is no different than any standard mouse...

I doubt that is your problem though, there are many reasons for mouse lag...

I still use a older version of Firefox and Flash with auto updates off, it is very stable and I am still running a Pentium 4 processor with a XP operating system, with 3 1/2 gigs of ram...

• Swede56
    128 Posts
    Sat, Dec 30 2017 12:28 PM

Thx for all the respons guys...

I do have the gaming sw 4 the mouse, but will take another check on t settings..

Goin to cancel auto updates on Flash, should have years ago...lol, and runnin the cleanin' program one of u recommended...

thx from  Sweden.Will.get back to you with a report later.

Happy New Year friends with families

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Dec 30 2017 3:10 PM

Be careful when working in %AppData%, You can lose programs.

Run

%appdata%/adobe

delete flash File, and leave the rest of them

Run

%appdata%/macromedia

delete flash file, and leave everything else

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 2:26 PM

Especially on an older machine, make sure your video drivers are up to date. 

Most manufacturers have an email sign-up for new update notifications. 

Several years ago, I had a brand new machine. Game was unplayable. Come to find out the drivers had updated since the machine was put together. Problem solved. 

Good luck.

• Swede56
    128 Posts
    Mon, Jan 1 2018 2:49 AM

Thanks Jim. Since i'm not a hacker...lol... could y plz in a fast way explain to me, how to do it.

Have a clue but not sure!!

Tommy

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Jan 2 2018 11:04 AM

Swede56:
    explain to me

First off, you need to know what video card you have. Finding this out varies from OS to OS. In Win 7, 

Control Panel
    System and Security
    System
    Device Manager
    Display Adapters

Click yours
    Driver tab

Jot down device and driver ID

Google your card and follow your nose to their driver section. Some manufacturers have a button that will check your installed driver for you and give advice. 

Hope this helps.

• Swede56
    128 Posts
    Wed, Jan 3 2018 4:54 AM

Thx Jim.

Once  I started 2 read, it all came back to me. Done that many times. Confused Graphic and video drivers..

The latest installed for my GTX 970..

Thx for your kindness.

Tommy

RSS