Forums

Help › Forums

Re: think I know the answer

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 13 2011 4:45 PM (4 replies)
  • rickertt
    16 Posts
    Mon, Jun 13 2011 5:30 AM

But I'll ask it here anyway. I am a beginner and haven't purchased any special clubs. My problem is that I can't stop the ball on the green unless it hits short of the green and runs up. This is true with any club beyond a PW. I've tried to use the ball in the lower right-hand corner to no avail. I am guessing it won't happen until I spend some money on credits and buy better clubs and golf balls. Is that right? Thanks.

• Steveroo
    176 Posts
    Mon, Jun 13 2011 5:47 AM

rickertt:
    I am guessing it won't happen until I spend some money on credits and buy better clubs and golf balls. Is that right? Thanks.

Actually, this sentence is incorrect. Yes the "stock" balls have waaaay more roll and virtually little to no backspin, but try hitting the ball low and about 3 yards short of the pin if you're on the fairway. on the green study the terrain on reverse angle to determine slope ( and speed) and be firm when you putt, look for the elevation arrow in the distance box and either putt strong on an uphill putt or light on a downhill.

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Mon, Jun 13 2011 6:12 AM

rickertt:

But I'll ask it here anyway. I am a beginner and haven't purchased any special clubs. My problem is that I can't stop the ball on the green unless it hits short of the green and runs up. This is true with any club beyond a PW. I've tried to use the ball in the lower right-hand corner to no avail. I am guessing it won't happen until I spend some money on credits and buy better clubs and golf balls. Is that right? Thanks.

The beginner irons have virtually no stopping power. Try the starter iron set also in your bag, they hold the greens a little better.

• rickertt
    16 Posts
    Mon, Jun 13 2011 4:44 PM

Actually you might have misunderstood my question. Many holes have no clear path to roll a ball up on the green so a flight to the green rather than the land route is preferable. My putting is OK.

Rick

Steveroo:

rickertt:
    I am guessing it won't happen until I spend some money on credits and buy better clubs and golf balls. Is that right? Thanks.

Actually, this sentence is incorrect. Yes the "stock" balls have waaaay more roll and virtually little to no backspin, but try hitting the ball low and about 3 yards short of the pin if you're on the fairway. on the green study the terrain on reverse angle to determine slope ( and speed) and be firm when you putt, look for the elevation arrow in the distance box and either putt strong on an uphill putt or light on a downhill.

• rickertt
    16 Posts
    Mon, Jun 13 2011 4:45 PM

I found them and will give them a try. Thanks. I didn't know they were there.

Rick

mohuyu:

rickertt:

The beginner irons have virtually no stopping power. Try the starter iron set also in your bag, they hold the greens a little better.

RSS