Forums

Help › Forums

Why does someone on level 96 play cheap coin games?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 23 2024 10:39 AM (7 replies)
  • birdyblackjones
    2 Posts
    Sat, Jul 20 2024 2:15 AM

WGT is amazing when I get matched with someone at a similar level.

It's a total bore when someone on level 96 plays a cheap coin game against someone at a much lower level. 

First, why would WGT think anyone would want to play against someone who drives 350 and hits the heartbeat every time. Why not match that player with another person at a high level.

Second, if you are that guy who is level 96... what do you get out of beating up a much lower-level player to win 4500 coins? Is it like an ego thing? I don't get it.

• TheInuk20
    3 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2024 9:32 AM

Probably after apparel bonus boxes 

I am 92 and play Chelsea some days

• dazza522
    5 Posts
    Mon, Aug 19 2024 11:28 PM

these apparel boxes i keep getting how do you use them it does not show you how

• phipster
    4,523 Posts
    Thu, Aug 22 2024 12:39 PM

Firstly, you should only wear SE apparel especially the shirt and the cap as it gives you extra distance with your driver and 3 wood...

Secondly, in the game screen click on your avatar in the top right hand corner and then click on edit apparel where you can change your apparel and also upgrade it to higher levels if you have won enough coins to do so...

I often play Chelsea coin games, as being one hole it is quick, for the apparel bonuses and certainly not for the coins which are essentially worthless other than paying for apparel upgrades...

• GreenLaser
    202 Posts
    Thu, Aug 22 2024 2:00 PM

If I play Chelsea it's usually to quickly complete a daily goal. I don't care about the coins in Chelsea.  

I'll occasionally play the multi-hole low level rooms to recruit members for the country club i'm in. There are a lot of people who play the coin rooms and aren't in a country club. I try to get a sense of what a person is like before I invite them to join my club, and there's a better chance of that in a multi-hole game than in Chelsea. Again, it's not about the coins or beating up on lower skilled players.

• SamSpayed
    4,992 Posts
    Thu, Aug 22 2024 9:32 PM

birdyblackjones:
    if you are that guy who is level 96... what do you get out of beating up a much lower-level player to win 4500 coins? Is it like an ego thing? I don't get it.

I'm level 160 and have neglected playing coin games for years because I don't like them.  I have an Achievement on my list to win 20 games in Beverly Hills (the room where you win 4500 coins).  Once I knock out that achievement, you'll never see me there again.  I have 6 more wins to go.  Maybe I'll see you there 😁

• AlaskanDame
    19,382 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2024 2:14 AM

Yes, besides the Achivements, WGT has also made several daily and weekly individual and club goals related to the coin rooms, such as “Win 10 coin games in a row.”  (Not easily done in the higher coin rooms.). Also a club may need 40 wins in Chelsea or Paris, so you get Legends, Champs, and TC’s helping their club by seeking wins there instead of in Tokyo, Manhattan, or Bellagio, where they might normally play.

And, of course, the Showdowns are played in the lower rooms.  I have to get birdies to place high enough to advance, but if the round goes to a tie breaker, I almost always blow it on purpose if playing a lower tier, because you’re right, I don’t need the coins or the win, just the birdies (or eagles) before the tiebreaker.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,615 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2024 10:39 AM

AlaskanDame:
    Yes, besides the Achivements, WGT has also made several daily and weekly individual and club goals related to the coin rooms, such as “Win 10 coin games in a row.”  (Not easily done in the higher coin rooms.).

+1

To be honest, I often struggle to achieve it even in lower-level rooms, especially in a situation where you only play a single hole, luck becomes an overwhelmingly significant factor.

RSS