Re: Match play experience

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 14 2011 9:44 AM (6 replies)
  • eligolfer
    87 Posts
    Mon, Jun 13 2011 11:20 AM

Hi,

I have played some matches now and found out something wierd:

When I play all 9 holes and win the match I get around 200 points for it (without the hit-experience). But if I'm better and win on lets say 6th hole I just get about 100 points. 

Don't you think that it should be awarded with more points for winning quickly instead of getting more points when I play worse?
    It should be the other way around than it is now accordning to me. (And now I aint counting the "hit the ball experience", just the points for a 9-hole match play win).

Any good answer why it is like this? Because as it is now  I feel that I earn points faster for playing worse golf??

Sincerely 

eligolfer

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Jun 13 2011 1:01 PM

Hi

experience is calculated by #4 of holes and game type. Nothing else I believe

-wgticon

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Jun 13 2011 11:28 PM

Number 4 of holes?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2011 12:36 AM

# of holes. not sure what '4' is doing there:)

-wgticon

• eligolfer
    87 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2011 5:36 AM

Should still give more points if you finish a matchplay faster and not more points for a more close match. Do you know what i meen?

Maybe put in som bonus for each hole not played in a 9 hole match? Like if I win on hole number 6 I will get bonus of (9-6) x (some amount of experience points). What do you think of that idea?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2011 9:19 AM

eligolfer:

Should still give more points if you finish a matchplay faster and not more points for a more close match. Do you know what i meen?

Maybe put in som bonus for each hole not played in a 9 hole match? Like if I win on hole number 6 I will get bonus of (9-6) x (some amount of experience points). What do you think of that idea?

I understand your point and perhaps it has merit since then it would be rewarding skill. Right now though, we are using a different system. But i'll keep it in mind if we decide to change it

Take care,

-wgticon

• michgolferman
    249 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2011 9:44 AM

For one, just because a match ends early, it does not mean the winning player was more skillfull.  It could mean he just was not as bad.  If two players match birdie for birdie and the match goes 9 holes or more, it doesn't mean that someone that wins 5 and 4 is a more skilled player.  I think the original premise has alot of flaws.

RSS