Help › Forums

Re: a 55.76 average still at legend

Thu, Jan 25 2018 8:23 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Mythanatos
    2,216 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 1:03 AM

What he did or is doing.

1) in order to level you alternate custom courses with ready gos. this gives a big return on xp for minimal ball hits  and it keeps ranked rounds that actually count at a minimum.

2)Play starter balls on customs if want to save money. . those scores don't count for average.  

3) the only tourneys pre saturation for each tier to play in is red tee tourneys. Jacks up all the stats. Keeps average low.

4) Once saturated ONLY play ready gos or brackets or custom courses or par 3s or par 5s. basically only want credit games to actually count. the others will boost ranked round stat but don't really count.

5) WD out of any ready go that your score isn't going to be ~top 5-6. (not that hard to estimate if watch them)

The above would allow someone to camp a tier and at slowest possible pace tier up while still maintaining the high credit return.

I haven't bothered to figure out who it is before i typed that up. But that's what is probably being done. 

and of course make it not your first account. already be good. no learning curve. those stats from early on hang with you a while. Unless of course... not the first rodeo.

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 2:18 AM

Mythanatos:
    What he did or is doing.

Folks, don't bother to read further - blind sandbagging allegations admittedly

Mythanatos:
    I haven't bothered to figure out who it is before i typed that up.

clueless.

M: Perhaps, someone should search for your second account?

• Mythanatos
    2,216 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 10:30 AM

alosso:

Mythanatos:
    What he did or is doing.

Folks, don't bother to read further - blind sandbagging allegations admittedly

Mythanatos:
    I haven't bothered to figure out who it is before i typed that up.

clueless.

M: Perhaps, someone should search for your second account?

search all you want. i only have the one. 

If i was doing it i wouldn't tell you how it's being done. And it's easy to figure out if you check out the score history of those that win a lot of tier ready gos.

Just like how i posted the exact method of how people are gaming the coin rooms a few months ago. 

Be smarter. and not so free with your accusations.

Assuming such just makes you a douche. 

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 11:36 AM

I posed a question, not more ;)

Mythanatos:
    Be [...] not so free with your accusations.

This for you to internalize.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 12:16 PM

Mythanatos:

easy to figure out if you check out the score history of those that win a lot of tier ready gos.

LMAO, well, obviously it isn't easy to figure out, it is EASY to assume as you did...

Maybe, just maybe, it is a guy/gal who played the game at a very high level...quit for over 2-3 years, cancelled their account, came back and couldn't remember the info from old account so she/he opened a new account...(which is obvious to anyone)

They use a starter ball to hammer out as many best of par 3 rounds a day as they can to level up as fast as they can....

and play as many RR's as they can a day with a good ball to tier up, and don't have to WD from RG's because the RR and XP points they get is more important than the credits or stats....

Maybe they do this because they don't want to be at the Legend tier, maybe they are leveling and tiering up as fast as possible instead of playing credit matches to rob people and sandbag....

Maybe the stats are inflated by playing shorter tee CC tournaments because they are faster to play, but I would bet the farm they won't be at Legend or T Legend any longer than they have to, like some people have done, and still do....

Maybe, all one had to do was ask the person how they got to be so good, sooooo fast, kinda like I did, and they would know the story, then there would be no need for this thread, or assumptions posted!

Just sayin! Relax it appears to me he/she won't be in your RG's any longer than they have to....I can't come close to those stats either, difference is it doesn't bother me one bit....props to anyone who is that good! We all know it ain't easy to do and still have a real life!

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 12:46 PM

Simply case of a restart.Knowing what you know now what would you do coming back as a new account ?

• Mythanatos
    2,216 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 1:05 PM

I don't know who they are talking about nor Do I care enough to dig. Im Speaking Of The Method Used. 

I Know Without Looking What i Said Is Mostly if Not All Correct On Method. 

When Ibother To Play legend ready Goes I Make A Profit. A Few People playing a second account doesn't affect that. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 1:26 PM

fatdan:

Mythanatos:

easy to figure out if you check out the score history of those that win a lot of tier ready gos.

LMAO, well, obviously it isn't easy to figure out, it is EASY to assume as you did...

Maybe, just maybe, it is a guy/gal who played the game at a very high level...quit for over 2-3 years, cancelled their account, came back and couldn't remember the info from old account so she/he opened a new account...(which is obvious to anyone)

It can't be that; surely they wouldn't be winning credits in the lower tiers they are going through, again.  That would, I think, be against the rules.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Thu, Jan 25 2018 7:10 AM

DodgyPutter:

fatdan:

Mythanatos:

It can't be that; surely they wouldn't be winning credits in the lower tiers they are going through, again.  That would, I think, be against the rules.

It is, but it has sadly been sanctioned on very rare occasions. What they did in those cases, was to promote them to their previous tier over night and closed their accounts shortly after that. Molotov (and his resurrection Hector) come to mind from my legend days. 

Plus, people rush through the lower tiers, when they win any top 5 RG prize, the minimum required rounds are no longer valid, The number of wins differs from tier to tier, but the highest is 9 or 10 in TM tier, before they make you a legend. Makes no difference if they're all on a par 3 course. The point of any skilled restarter (or multi) is likely to clean up in the legend tier, where the 500 cr brackets are the gravy train.

As far as the OP saying the person should be a TL... If you take into account the player's skill, he should be a champ, not a TL. But under WGT rules, if he's not breaking them by being a multi or a former restarting champ, he'll be a legend until he plays 500 RR that count towards saturation.

• Mythanatos
    2,216 Posts
    Thu, Jan 25 2018 8:23 AM

fatdan:

Sure it's obvious to anyone. And that's the problem that people have with it.

And apparently this must be the only game in the history of gaming that you can't reset passwords and access an old account with the original email address or personal info. 

fatdan:

and play as many RR's as they can a day with a good ball to tier up, and don't have to WD from RG's because the RR and XP points they get is more important than the credits or stats....

Maybe they do this because they don't want to be at the Legend tier, maybe they are leveling and tiering up as fast as possible instead of playing credit matches to rob people and sandbag....

If that were truly the case then any course that isn't custom or par 3 or par 5 will suffice to fulfill the quota of RR. Playing ready gos involves credits. I don't think the OP would have posted if it didn't. People don't play ready gos for the xp they play them for the credits and the competition.  a multi account has an advantage in the tiers as they level up and we all know this.

to use your vernacular: 

Maybe it's against the rules of the game to play ready gos with a second account. 

Maybe every time you sign up for a ready go you agree to this sentence. " By continuing you confirm that you are 18 or older, and have only one WGT account."

Maybe even if it wasn't against the rules most players in WGT would say it is unethical.

Maybe if the player played rounds that didn't involve credits the OP and others wouldn't care.

Maybe you're ok with it.

• PAGES
RSS