Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Imovable obstacle question !!!

Sun, Jan 28 2018 7:01 PM (3 replies)
  • blackwidow1
    675 Posts
    Mon, Jan 22 2018 12:47 PM

I was always under the impression that when you hit an imovable obsticle you recieved a free drop. Not in my case.....

On the 18th at St Andrews I teed off and went to the right towards the road. I hit the white fencing and came back onto the fairway. The game informed me that I had hit an imovable obsticle, It did not say I went out of bounds.

I was not given a free drop but instead taken back to the tee, ball taken off me and down a shot. Surely this is not right. 

Please WGT could you decide if this is out of bounds or an imovable obsticle like you said it was......

Please can other members try and clarify this also as it has me confused and a little miffed that I had a ball taken off me and a shot to boot.

Regards

Elli aka Blackwidow1

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 22 2018 4:00 PM

That spot has been that way from day 1. Apparently immovable obstacle is the same as out of bounds because you're not the first one to see that. I learned the hard way myself. 

• craigswan
    31,549 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 12:47 AM

Car parking in st Andrews is always terrible .

• blackwidow1
    675 Posts
    Sun, Jan 28 2018 7:01 PM

That is so wrong if that is the case why say it's an immovable obstical when it isn't.

WGT need to sort this out

RSS