Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putting Green

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 18 2011 5:50 PM (4 replies)
  • Rookie0002
    22 Posts
    Sat, Jun 18 2011 2:22 PM

I was wondering why this game has everything but a Putting green type game? We have everything else but i think a putting green would be a good idea to help people that need to practice there putting without having to do a whole game just to practice on the different types of greens. Please help us get a putting green.

• admiralbill
    13 Posts
    Sat, Jun 18 2011 2:39 PM

a putting green would be great --people need to practice to become good and when you get better -you feel better about spending money for upgrades 

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Sat, Jun 18 2011 3:08 PM

If you want putting practice go to a course of your chioce, once on the green putt the ball any where on the green, you have 10 shots per hole.

• borntobesting
    9,680 Posts
    Sat, Jun 18 2011 5:10 PM

A putting green is not a good idea as the greens on every course that we have are slightly different. That meaning the stated green speed for each course is different. Oakmont greens are faster for any given speed than the others and as any one who has played in the U.S. open qualifier can tell you the greens at Congressional are slightly slower than any of the others. If they did make a putting green and did not make one to match each course which course would they model it after??? And if they did make one for each course they would have to make one for every new course they bring out. That money could be better spent. It is much better to chose a practice round and spend most of the strokes just putting on the greens. And you can also learn the greens and the breaks that you will actually be playing in other games.

• HDBanger
    348 Posts
    Sat, Jun 18 2011 5:50 PM

How bout an option to practice on the greens we are forced to play ranked games on?? How the hell is it even not an option?  Setting up a ranked game to practice, and bailing before, negates any points for finishing a round, which is what you claim you want people to do, finish their rounds.. Why is it that the top 2-3 tiers get shafted when it comes to practice? I would love to hear the reasoning, if there is any..

RSS