Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Fishy,Foul or Explainable?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Feb 11 2018 4:28 PM (6 replies)
  • SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Sat, Feb 10 2018 11:10 AM

How can a new TM at level 85 own Level 80 plus NIKE equipment when his profile said he just started in Aug 2017 and played in Nov 2017 as a Pro?

No one would have noticed him if he hadn't complained about how recently teiring affected his clubs and balls.

I know for fact that this time last year the NIKE equipment line was out of the Pro Shop. I'm not a hater but something smells.

Siders Best

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Sat, Feb 10 2018 11:25 AM

Could it be his account was transferred from Facebook or something?

I've heard of what appear to be new players actually having played the game a long time, their joining date refers to when their account was transferred to the PC version.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Sat, Feb 10 2018 11:31 AM

Might have started as a facebook player 

OPY

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sat, Feb 10 2018 12:09 PM

SidersBest:

How can a new TM at level 85 own Level 80 plus NIKE equipment when his profile said he just started in Aug 2017 and played in Nov 2017 as a Pro?

No one would have noticed him if he hadn't complained about how recently teiring affected his clubs and balls.

I know for fact that this time last year the NIKE equipment line was out of the Pro Shop. I'm not a hater but something smells.

Siders Best

That's how.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/514266.aspx

• el3n1
    4,502 Posts
    Sat, Feb 10 2018 12:32 PM

WGT has known about this for at least 9 months now... I linked the discussion from another thread on the same topic.  

My issue is WGT told me that the "backdoor" was disabled or not working.  I chose to approach them in case it violated the terms and conditions, so I didn't risk "losing" credits if they were taken from my account and the clubs were not received since the clubs did not officially exist in the "pro shop".  

• gherkinhead1
    246 Posts
    Sat, Feb 10 2018 2:13 PM

Last few months almost every game I play has at least 1 player who has been playing for 1/2 months and is at my level (master) or above and shooting below par.  

One glance at their stats tells me they are NOT from facebook etc.  

Something is funny about this,  also maybe "Premium Membership" may have something to do with their rapid rise.

I only play for fun and relaxation so it doesn't bother me if I win or lose,   but still when I play a Legend and they have been in the game for 2 months,  it makes me wonder.

• el3n1
    4,502 Posts
    Sun, Feb 11 2018 4:28 PM

not sure it has anything to do with facebook or their stats are in any way tied to facebook in any way.  all you would be able to possibly tell from the stats is possibly if they seem "better than average".  restarters can stand out because they focus on ready go's and tournaments where the credits can be won.  And that is also where you most often see "rapidly rising" players who also happen to have those clubs that were pulled from the pro shop.  

Premier can make a difference but those people who are "restarting" or using "back doors" for clubs already know how to manipulate or move up the levels without buying the premier pass.  They are actually the players WGT should be concerned about because they are not necessarily putting their own money into the game...they have learned how to manipulate WGT guidelines and sandbag in the lower tiers to clean up credits in tournaments without spending money.  It dramatically alters the sense of "fair" play for those who attempt to play within the guidelines or terms and conditions.  

Regardless, it does sour the playing experience when you come across them and there is no denying that they exist...

RSS