Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putting and chipping

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 23 2011 4:59 AM (2 replies)
  • SteadyBoy
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2011 9:54 PM

I am fairly new and find I am stuck on a few things in the short game. On putting I would like to know what size are the grid squares. Are they 1' x 1' or 2' x 2' ? On chipping and sand trap shots I am having trouble with figuring distance and roll. For instance, I have a 19' chip with 6" rise, in 40% rough, my club distance reads say 29'. I will put my swing meter at what I think is about 25 - 26 and only get out a few feet. What is the secert? This also happens in the sand traps.

Signed, Steadyboy

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2011 12:04 AM

I have always assumed that grids are 2x2 feet. For the rest, you could read this guide

If you have questions after, feel free to ask:)

-wgticon

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2011 4:59 AM

SteadyBoy:
    sand trap shots I am having trouble with figuring distance and roll. For instance, I have a 19' chip with 6" rise, in 40% rough, my club distance reads say 29'. I will put my swing meter at what I think is about 25 - 26 and only get out a few feet. What is the secert?

Don't chip out of 40% rough (the 40% means almost 1/2 your ball is buried.) The first bounce from a chip has to land on the fringe at least and chips have no loft to speak of. Use the pitch there and never take less than a 70% swing This is all in that link that WGTIcon posted. Great reading so stay with it, it will really help.  GL

RSS