Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Having a Hard Time Justifying the Effort

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 7 2018 9:01 AM (2 replies)
  • AceSkyKing
    17 Posts
    Mon, Mar 5 2018 4:06 PM

I am getting frustrated with the CC system set in place here.  I joined a club that was in line with my skill level and available time to participate.  I also brought along a friend. 

My friend’s membership was terminated 24 hours after we both signed on. My membership was terminated 48 hours later without notice. No explanation, no chance to participate in tournaments despite having given them Pass XP during our normal rounds. 

Then I recently got another invitation which I accepted.  I saw my name on the CC list a couple days ago and now it’s gone despite also having awarded Passes to that CC. I am starting to think this CC membership thing is a Phishing scam.  

It would be nice to expand my list of ‘friends” to play with, but if the work to do that is more than the reward then it is not really worth that effort.

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Mon, Mar 5 2018 10:42 PM

You should be frustrated with the CC owners - members are at their mercy when it comes to membership terminations.

Each owner may have his own criteria to keep, and discard, members - nobody knows from the outside.

But, you ARE in a CC - maybe you missed something?

BTW: CC passes are an item to worry about NOT - they come for free, one by one, and it should be kept that way IMNSHO.

• AceSkyKing
    17 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 9:01 AM

alosso>  After your reply, I again went back and did some more research.  It turns out that I am indeed still a member of a club.  The issue was that this particular club's name - in my invitation - was missing a number.  I don't know how that error happens in the system, but due to it, there are two CCs with almost the exact name.  I was  unsuccessfully manually searching the wrong name until I discovered that there is a CC tab on My Profile link which has the correct info.  

Thank you taking the time to help me with this issue.  

RSS