Forums

Help › Forums

Re: 90 second commercials now?

Sun, Jun 24 2018 10:00 AM (6 replies)
  • MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Tue, Apr 10 2018 6:47 AM

I haven't played much lately, but I tried to play a game earlier and I was getting INCREDIBLY long commercials.  I can't get AdBlock to work on my new laptop so this is a serious pain.

This isn't a permanent thing now, is it?  Before today, the longest one I've ever had was 30.

• el3n1
    4,502 Posts
    Sat, Apr 14 2018 12:37 PM

I have noticed the longer commercials before every game played as well.  Instead of giving you the option to watch them for credits, (which still exist on mobile) now we are forced to watch extended versions before playing a ranked round or even practice round.  Getting annoyed by it as well.  So, I just turn the volumne off, change screens and return when the game is eventually ready...our luck they will start pausing the commercial unless the screen is considered active and then force you to leave it up.  It isn't like there are not enough people already clicking through videos for them to earn advertising revenue on...is it really necessary to halt or delay every game now?

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sat, Apr 14 2018 1:15 PM

Hey Mike try one of the Maxthon 4.9 Cloud browsers . They come with ad block attached to the browser and it usually works very well . The computer that Im using now has Chrome and I dont get very many ads with it  , so thats also another try . Hope this helps guy and welcome back to the game .

• TyMacni
    1,573 Posts
    Mon, Apr 16 2018 7:41 AM

el3n1:

I have noticed the longer commercials before every game played as well.  Instead of giving you the option to watch them for credits, (which still exist on mobile) now we are forced to watch extended versions before playing a ranked round or even practice round.  Getting annoyed by it as well.  So, I just turn the volumne off, change screens and return when the game is eventually ready...our luck they will start pausing the commercial unless the screen is considered active and then force you to leave it up.  It isn't like there are not enough people already clicking through videos for them to earn advertising revenue on...is it really necessary to halt or delay every game now?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

DITTO ....plus my 30 seconds,, I mean my 2 cents..

30 second spots are bad enough. Twice during Clashes, the time expired as my last shot (putt), on the last Hole was on the way and I lost the whole round. Without that 30 second commercial, I would have made it with some time to spare.

Now, these 90 second commercials are unbearable. My CC has a four round, 5 days each round custom course Tournament in progress. 9 out of 10 starts have a 90 second spot. 

For me, they have the opposite affect the advertisers desire. I note them, and refuse to patronize the advertisers. I also encourage anyone with whom I am acquainted to do likewise.   #1 on my list is the new 90 second spot for a prescription drug (for which I have no need) that can kill you with it's side effects. #2 is Chevrolet for it's incessant Clash spots. My wife & I and our children have purchased 7 vehicles in the past 3 years. I guarantee no future purchases while be a Chevy. I will apply this philosophy applies to any spot over 15 seconds.

• el3n1
    4,502 Posts
    Tue, Apr 17 2018 4:53 PM

oh my, I went to watch a replay of a shot and guess what... I was going to be forced to watch a 90 second commercial in order to watch a 5 second shot.  Not really worth it anymore.  Can't believe how invasive these are becoming....

I understand the need and use of advertising revenue, but when it starts to become so problematic that it holds up or prevents a game from being finished in time it is going to far, imho.  Forcing 90 second commercials to watch the replay of a single shot, also seems a bit excessive.  

• KHarmon5
    160 Posts
    Fri, Jun 22 2018 8:22 PM

I used to enjoy this game (as much as anyone can enjoy screwing up a golf game but this new invasion of 90 sec ads is too much, been playing for 6 years but about ready to say 'screw it' and start playing pinocle again.

• TopShelf2010
    10,899 Posts
    Sun, Jun 24 2018 10:00 AM

RSS