Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Weird average numbers

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 29 2018 9:56 AM (6 replies)
  • Shaggieo
    11 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 7:12 AM

I hope I have posted in the correct place. I was just curious, every now and then I face an opponent in the coin rooms with an average number that will have many numbers after the decimal. i.e.: 78.67892. Is this the sign of someone who has used a hack or cheat code? Usually they don't play very well but just wanted to see if anyone else ever saw such a thing. Thanks!

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 9:51 AM
    It has nothing to do with the player, cheat codes or any such thing. It has to do with dangerous drugs at WGT World HQ.
  • Shaggieo
    11 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 9:56 AM

Well that's probably the best explanation. 😆  I'll take that!

• pmm711
    5,641 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 11:36 AM

My Drudge tourney is 18 holes at the Best of Par 5...look at my best score...

Computers were built to churn numbers (accurately) and WGT can't do that correctly...so...just play and have fun and forget the stats and all that crap.  It's all meaningless anyway.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 12:31 PM

Gotta admit, though, that 2.33 is gonna be hard to beat.  :-D

• el3n1
    4,502 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 12:54 PM

Shaggieo:
    . Is this the sign of someone who has used a hack or cheat code?

I have noticed this fluctuate from time to time with my own scoring average...it will show the extra decimal places on the mobile platform but be reduced to only 2 at the most on the desktop.  It could be something as mundane as a formatting issue or software compatibility factor...  

I don't know of cheat codes on mobile...but I would definitely say I have come across players that at the very least appear to be restarters in the mobile coin games.  You can expect to see a lucky shot or swing but when a lower tier player pro to master (sometimes below that even) executes a series of multiple shots/holes at what would be comparable to an experience Legend or Champion player...it definitely sets off red flags.  Some of these players will show no average at all...because they know if they played ranked rounds it would eventually get them promoted to a higher tier...even without the carnival sponsor apparel they are on forward tees with top end equipment and not getting promoted?  hmmm...

It amazes me how players can accumulate upwards of 1 to 1.5 million experience points reach the upper level in the 90's and still be on the tour pro or Master tee while throwing darts at pins in coin games...just doesn't add up... 

• pmm711
    5,641 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 3:27 PM

YankeeJim:

Gotta admit, though, that 2.33 is gonna be hard to beat.  :-D

Thanks for that laugh on my birthday..needed it as my wife is away working in Houston and I'm flowing solo.  Hey...I wonder if I could challenge my friends to beat that score?? 

RSS