Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The secret to reading the greens!

Fri, Jul 1 2011 10:08 AM (5 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2011 11:23 AM

After many long, long hours of research and computationables and whatnots I have solved WGT's formula for generating the little rolling balls or dots on the greens.

The secret is to not stare at them too long!  They change direction, speeds, velocities, angles, bearing and such.  Too long and our eyess start playing tricks and givin' us the urge to "adjust our aim jest a teenie bit, no, wait, now back the other way  OK wait that's not it, go way left,  Nope, I think more to the right.  Oh what the hell, I'll close my eyes and hit it!"

Now watch this demonstrationable put together by my clever friend Allen and tell me that don't look like the dots moving on them greens.  This demo is based on Kiawah #6 greens, not too bad.  (Showing the demo based on BP #15 was decided to be too dangerous for public viewing.)

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2011 11:40 AM

Andyson - 

I think I just played that exact same break on RSG, from 57 ft out... I did however end up back on the fairway after the putt...but better there than in the cup I guess.

ROFLMAO !

• wildcat18racing6
    420 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2011 4:16 PM

oh great....now i have to try and putt after watching that lmfao

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2011 6:26 PM

this bites, i had a acid flashback yesterday, too bad it wasnt today

that was pretty cool

and it looked like that sidewinder that was chasing me the other day

didnt know wheather to zig or zag

whew

-G

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2011 9:31 AM

Zag

- Zag

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2011 10:08 AM

I wondered how some of the greens on Kaiwah were mapped...

RSS