Re: The Legend Challenge.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 8 2011 10:37 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ForrestLeigh
    264 Posts
    Thu, Jul 7 2011 3:10 AM

TheLighterDark:

The worst part about being Legend, to me, isn't the awful green speeds, but rather the fact that on your teeboxes there are trees in play that literally would never be in play in real life. Just a few examples: #2 at Bethpage Black, #4 at Congressional, #12 at Congressional, etc. You'll just be surprised when you see them.  

But yes. Keep on practicing and post all your scores, and you'll be able to take the Legend monster with little to no struggles... Apart from the regular ***. 

Yep, I didn't like it much turning legend but like the other tiers you do get used to it and I'm learning new shots all the time, shots I didn't need at lower tiers, but I get into more trouble now lol - but I agree totally with TLD here, #4 Congressional has had me a few times, if you've got a 20 - 30 left-right wind (or even a lower wind) then its not really a 'fair' hole in my opinion. 

Where these anomolies surface WGT should bite the bullet and move the tee forward - if Tiger and Rory don't have to play from behind a tree (thats more like a wall) why do we?

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Jul 7 2011 4:49 AM

Arbitelle:

Well as I've recently moved to Tour Master, I've got to give credit to any Legend out there. The amount of practice it takes to get used to these Tournament Greens, is literally unreal. I've been quick at adjusting to this game, I started playing May 22, 2011, and I'm currently a level 62 TM. I know Legend must be a bit ridiculously challenging, but I guess that just makes the game that much better, it's actually a challenge! 

Well anyways, to all Legends out there, great job! If you'd like to invite me, I like Congressional, Oakmont, and Bethpage! :)

~ Arbitelle 

Congrats on your promotion...  It was a nightmare for me when I first became Legend, I had no problems with the green speed, but just getting there was a headache...lol

After a few months of blood, sweat and alot of tears, I think the Legend Tee's are great now. St. Andrews #17 is an eye opener.

Cheers

Roger

• borntobesting
    9,681 Posts
    Thu, Jul 7 2011 10:37 AM

Arbitelle:

jordanisawesome:

boozybob1:

this is off topic, but has there been anyone that has gotten the Maserati Gran Cabrio from the Elite Collection?  was just wondering....

How much is that in legit bucks not wgt bucks? some people may got it on this site not from the elite collection :)

The Maserati costs $700,000 if you buy the credits lol! If only people knew the car was only $120,000..

They don't expect anyone to buy $700,000 worth of credits but if you played and won enough 1000 MPC you could get it in around 5 years or so. 

• Arbitelle
    63 Posts
    Thu, Jul 7 2011 11:18 AM

borntobesting:

Arbitelle:

jordanisawesome:

boozybob1:

this is off topic, but has there been anyone that has gotten the Maserati Gran Cabrio from the Elite Collection?  was just wondering....

How much is that in legit bucks not wgt bucks? some people may got it on this site not from the elite collection :)

The Maserati costs $700,000 if you buy the credits lol! If only people knew the car was only $120,000..

They don't expect anyone to buy $700,000 worth of credits but if you played and won enough 1000 MPC you could get it in around 5 years or so. 

I'm sorry, but the possibility of collecting 70 Million Credits in 5 years, is slim to none.

• PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Thu, Jul 7 2011 7:08 PM

Arbitelle:

borntobesting:

Arbitelle:

jordanisawesome:

boozybob1:

I'm sorry, but the possibility of collecting 70 Million Credits in 5 years, is slim to none.

lol, It's a lot worse than slim to none.  In order to collect 70million credits in 5 years, you'd have to win 64 Ready Go's every single day for 5yrs straight OR 22 MPC's of 2k credits every day(factoring in that you only win 1825)

• redraven0013
    14 Posts
    Fri, Jul 8 2011 10:37 AM

Arbitelle also enjoys stealing from people!!  and if we had to WGT can confirm i never asked u 4 anything!! lowlife scum...

• PAGES
RSS