Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Is World Golf Tour Game Play Realistic?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 12 2018 5:36 PM (6 replies)
  • Dneirf
    438 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2018 9:01 AM

• abbielb
    1,800 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2018 10:52 AM

your point is ? .....anyone that plays the vt tour on wgt can have a meltdown just like rory......purely because of presssure put on yourself......so in my view wgt is as realistic to real golf as you will get......my 2 cents

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2018 12:17 PM

Nothing at stake on WGT so its not real hence the word Virtual ??? Come on sit back and enjoy whats given nothing more nothing less. 

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2018 12:54 PM

It plays out as real as it can get . Just watch a tournament and you will see that the game is replicated very well .

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2018 12:58 PM

Bit of friendly banter from folk all around the world, made some good friends here so that will do me.

Of course it aint the same, its a game, just like red dead redemption 2 coming soon, i would love to jump into the screen and emerse myself in the old wild west......well, until some horse thief shoots me in my @ss.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2018 4:40 PM

lonniescott711:

It plays out as real as it can get . Just watch a tournament and you will see that the game is replicated very well .

Beyond a shadow of a doubt. After watching 4 days of the best golfers in the world work their talents this week in the PGA Championship, anyone that thinks this game doesn't do an incredible job of replicating RL golf is not a golfer.

The conditions at this year's PGA Championship at Bellerive were perfect for dart golf. Very little wind, very soft greens that grabbed just about anything hit into them and no real wind to throw them off.

As a result, what WGT tries to do here with deviation and VEM was glaringly obvious. Golfers hit perfect shots that wound up off line, short, long,into traps, into rough and a couple of water shots.

Every single thing you see that happens here happened this weekend at a pro tour event with the best golfers in the world, including Tiger's critical putt on 16 stopping on the edge of the cup.  :-)

• dacrash
    475 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2018 5:36 PM

100 percent correct.  My thoughts exactly.

don

RSS