Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Rock Balls / Range Balls - WGT FREE BALLS

Tue, Aug 21 2018 4:08 PM (7 replies)
  • Intrepidarts
    18 Posts
    Sun, Aug 19 2018 1:24 AM

hi i play the majority of my WGT golf with the free ball provided by WGT 

I'd like to know who else plays with this ball and if there is a best avg on WGT for a player who usually plays with these balls 

currently LEGEND tier 65.35 

would be interested to know if there is any tour legends or higher out there 

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, Aug 19 2018 9:53 AM

Yes we have a legend in our club that uses the rock mostly , His name is cretedawg  ( Rick )

• HenriChinaski
    94 Posts
    Sun, Aug 19 2018 11:18 AM

Hi. I made it to tour legend tier (62.42) playing almost free balls only (partly thanks to my CC tourneys wins I must say)... Still playing 95% of my rounds with the WGT default balls. Because things are getting pretty serious in that tier (you have some players ranked top 5 in almost every tourney they play and, strangely, they never seems to tier up) you won't win any weekly/monthly tournament with it (except maybe, if you are really lucky, a CTTH), but at least you can somehow "play" (and hope for a top10 / top20).

I'm currently trying to play with the Callaway Hex Chrome+ (L35+)... They are nice, but I don't know yet if I can balance their cost with my weekly gains... I seriously doubt it. :/

• MARKDMK
    231 Posts
    Sun, Aug 19 2018 6:18 PM

Hi I am in a Champion tier avg. 57.12 and I have been playing "priceless" balls for years now,  I used to play the other balls from pro-shop in my first 18 months here, but I got fed up with wgt taking them from me for free even though in real life I could easily retrieve them back. Once you master them you can go all the way up to Champion tier like I did.

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Sun, Aug 19 2018 8:01 PM

I always play with starter balls & still playing with my 270 Driver (from Master tier), a year now from Legend tee (64.9 current avg), no belong to any CC

Have a bunch of nike balls (gift from other users), but barely use them, sometimes in the uneven weekly turnament

• gherkinhead1
    246 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2018 3:05 AM

Hi

I'm a SUPER CHAMPION and have played with smooth balls all of my career.  

My average is 49.65

and my grandkids are very proud of their grandfather.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2018 4:00 PM

Pmm711 in our club is a Champion with an average of 61.42. He only uses the free balls.

RSS