Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Cabo Del Sol/Whistler

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 29 2018 7:42 AM (7 replies)
  • AceSkyKing
    17 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2018 8:14 AM

Despite everyone having credits to do so, I have not been able to create a Multiplayer game and do an invite for Cabo Del Sol or Whistler. What am I doing wrong? 

Neither Cabo or Whistler will permit Practice mode.  I am wondering what the logic behind this restriction might be?  Since these are pay-for-use courses, shouldn't the paying customer be able to choose how their money is spent? 

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2018 1:06 PM
    Ever hear of something called WorldGolfTour? my nickle.
  • AceSkyKing
    17 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2018 4:22 PM
    I do not understand what you are trying to say to help me.
  • lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2018 10:39 PM

You mentioned logic, i said W G T.  my nickle.

Wasn't trying to help, only trying to clarify why it is not working. my nickle.

• AceSkyKing
    17 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2018 4:13 AM

OK on the logic thing.  There are some other WGT issues where that applies. Thanks.

lee22sharon:

You mentioned logic, i said W G T.  my nickle.

Wasn't trying to help, only trying to clarify why it is not working. my nickle.

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2018 10:11 PM

AceSkyKing:
    Despite everyone having credits to do so, I have not been able to create a Multiplayer game and do an invite for Cabo Del Sol or Whistler. What am I doing wrong? 
    Nothing, I suppose. Things change in WGTland, by accident or by design.

AceSkyKing:
    I am wondering what the logic behind this restriction might be?  Since these are pay-for-use courses, shouldn't the paying customer be able to choose how their money is spent? 
    Apart from the logics discussion above, ask WGT! Better chances (perhaps) if you walk into their offices in SF (or a nearby bar), better position to demand an answer if you enter their management or board of owners...

(in short: They keep their business secrets private.)

• Mythanatos
    2,216 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2018 6:54 AM

we've run into a problem for the last year or so where one night someone won't be able to get the set up to work on cabo or whistler  and then another of our group tries and it goes through.

some kind of bug in the system. it's not consistent to any particular player it just moves around.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2018 7:42 AM

There is no practice mode because, among other things, WGT does not own Cabo or Whistler. They have a license which could well have restrictions. Wouldn't want someone to play holes over and over using the mulligan feature.

As far as group play, since there are a number of steps that have to be taken to get on the course, it is far easier for things to go wrong. A player is asked about 3 times if it is all right to charge the green fees to their account. Just that part creates more risk of something going wrong. ( Compare this to the one (1) step needed to purchase a pass at the start of a round)  Played Whistler 5 days ago as part of a foursome with no trouble. We must have gotten lucky.

RSS