• PAGES
  • Dichotomy37
    75 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2011 10:15 AM

Perfect... thanks a ton :)

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2011 10:54 AM

As for playing bunker shots in 30-40% i find if u hit a full shot with full backspin then 23 yrds will go 10 i don't know the exact sicence behind it but everytime i'm 10yrds away i hit it at 23 and it either goes in or very close no more than 1.5 ft away,just thought i would put my tupence worth in lol

• bullpin
    630 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2011 11:32 AM

I find that playing a flop shot full power, full backspin (with PING 64 degree and cally 's' balls) in the bunker from 12 yards out seems to get it pretty close most of the time. I'm usually inside 4 feet as long as I aim it right. Any more than that I would choke down on it and hit a punch.

Par is a good score on this hole, but if you want bird I'd suggest you try to land it just beyond the right edge of the trap,  take the sand out of play. The putt will be uphill with a strong break, but with practice eventually one will go in :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2011 4:04 PM

Hackmack:
     Any problem going straight to the burners and not playing with G10's for awhile.

Absolutely not. In fact, the Burners are the G10s on steroids-more spin, more accuracy, a little faster meter and of course, the high loft. If you're having a good time with those G10s then you'll love the Burners after you get to know them. Learn how they work before you use spin on them and you'll really be dangerous. Good move.  :-)

• PAGES
RSS