Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Same

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 21 2011 12:39 PM (3 replies)
  • 2beatudown
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 8:24 PM

Anyone have a suggestion about gettiong some predictable distances out of the bunkers? I have the better wedges, so its not the clubs. Thanks 

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2011 2:24 AM

No secret here, you need to practice these shots.  Try full power swings and hit the meter as close to the ding as possible.  Use a full shot, instead of chips and pitches, and see how that works for you.  When the ball is buried, this is not the time for a finesse shot...just get it out and put it on the dance floor.  

Joey

• ALUMGOLD
    150 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2011 6:37 AM

Got 10 minutes?

Go to the first hole on Kiawa chose practice mode.

Get yourself into the bunker beside the green.

Take your lob wedge and from full power reduce it watching your players club

click down 4 times.   Hit the shot.  Write down the distance.

Putt back into the bunker repeat the shot.  U get a total of 10 shots on the hole.

Start again.

Repeat the process and vary the number of clicks down on the club.

Try it with back spin.

In ten minutes you'll have a better idea.

• Golfspieler
    1,614 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2011 12:39 PM

If your talking about getting out of green side bunkers then it's really not that hard. Any number of shots will work, try flopping or pitching the ball out. If its like a 15 % bunker then add like 3 yards to the flop shot. So if its 15 yards from  the hole flop it 18. That should work ok. Or if you wanna try pitching that works too,  for 15 % bunkers try -1 yard, so a 12 yard shot from 15 % bunker would require a 11 yard pitch. I can't count how many times I've pitched the ball close to the hole @ Bethpage 5 from the 15 % bunker at the front of the green,  I usually have like 18 yards left and would pitch it 17 then . Couldn't be easier. Now when your in a 30 % lie or worse then you just need to add more power than with  a 15 % lie. I could give you all the answers but that's no fun, you have to practice and take notes and figure out how much to add for certain lies yourself. Bunker shots  further away, say outside of 25 yards are best left to full shots or punch shots I would add. With fairway bunkers it's best just to use a club with loft and get back on the fairway rather than try to advance it along the fairway and have the ball stay in the bunker grrr. Although some fway bunkers like @ Kiawah 7or 11 let you use a 3 iron, but usually a wedge is best to hack it back on the fairway.

RSS