Forums

Help › Forums

Re: new player to WGT. i have a question about tournaments

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 24 2011 6:02 AM (2 replies)
  • AdamClayton
    7 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 9:26 PM

i just started playing on here a couple weeks ago and am wondering if there are ways to play  tournaments on WGT just for hacks or even amateurs and hacks.  i keep getting beat by legends! can anyone help??  i would like to play other hacks or amateurs for credits also... can i do that?  and how??  please help if u can

• sportsrockplayer
    306 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 5:28 AM

well i am not sure if u r talking about closest to the hole tournaments or stroke play tournaments. In closest to the hole tournaments, u have to get a better score than the guys who played at your tier. In other words you have to look at all the other scores by your tier and try to be them. In stroke play the same thing goes for stroke play

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 6:02 AM

Adam, first welcome to the site...it is a great one ! To answer your question, when you hit the "Play Now" button upper left it takes you to the green main menu screen..of course you know this. But select match play middle left column...then select "Challenge" on game mode right side...then select invite players bottom right...then select player rank and filter to amateur+. This will be your best option to find a random match play challenge with someone with "like" abilities. Just refuse the match if they are tiered too high for you.  But the most certain way to do it, is by collecting friends on your same level or maybe only 1 or 2 tiers higher than you....then you can filter to friends and have better luck setting up an equal match...

SM

EDIT....I see you have joined a Country Club, that is an even better way to collect friends of like abilities.

RSS