Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Why play practice rounds?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 26 2011 1:57 PM (2 replies)
  • JMMGolfer
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jul 26 2011 1:36 PM

I've been on WGT for a while, but I don't fully understand the advantage of practice rounds.  It seems like you may as well play a free tournament and work towards upping your tier.  I know that you can set wind, green speeds, and tees, but it still doesn't seem worthwhile.  It would be great if I could drop a second ball and rehit a shot to figure it out, but that's not an option.  Am I missing something?  

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jul 26 2011 1:57 PM

Use the unlimited weekly tournaments as your practice rounds, just don't finish them. That way you get actual conditions and with 10 shots a hole you can get some good practice in. In the event you're knocking them stiff and scoring well you can always finish the round and have it count.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Jul 26 2011 1:57 PM

Good question JMM. Your ball stills wears out, you can still lose them. You get very little credit for it and your avg doesn't change.  And chances are if you shoot 4-5 under on a practice round and go back to ranked, everything changes. May as well make every shot count. I have had several eagles on practice rounds but they don't show on my stats. All the lost balls sure show on my credits though. Just my opinion.

RSS