21,056 Posts
    Tue, Jan 8 2019 12:59 PM

Use the search =>

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Jan 8 2019 4:15 PM

nixboy:

What it avg  to advance  to legend  ?

My advice is do not worry about your tier, but learn the game, all the shots and all of the courses.

Outside of Kiawah and St Andrews, you struggle.......the moment you hit Legend, you will be like a fish out of water....on all the courses.

Practice, practice and then practice some more and repeat as often as you need too,

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Tue, Jan 8 2019 4:47 PM

nixboy:

Need a 61.00 or lower and 50 ranked rounds at current tier. 

But alanti provides great advice. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,302 Posts
    Tue, Jan 8 2019 5:28 PM

alanti:

nixboy:

My advice is do not worry about your tier, but learn the game, all the shots and all of the courses.

Outside of Kiawah and St Andrews, you struggle.......the moment you hit Legend, you will be like a fish out of water....on all the courses.

Practice, practice and then practice some more and repeat as often as you need too,

For sure!

I tiered up about a month ago and it is at least a triple whammy!

Tees move back

Green speeds up.

Your average starts over.

Everyone (it seems) in your tier is much better than you are - forget tiered tournaments for a while!).

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Jan 8 2019 5:40 PM

DoctorLarry:
    Tees move back

I have said many times over the years, if you are a Tour Master and close to tiering up to Legend, use a 3 wood from the tee, as this will simulate the extra distance for approach shots at legend.

However you then see some red tee legends......and when they have to play off default tees they flounder (fish out of water maybe?)

One last comment is that when you are ready, accept the challenge - for me, that is really is when the game became fun - this game should be a challenge and it is what distinguishes WGT from many other golf games, previous, current and no doubt future golf games,

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Jan 8 2019 5:51 PM

DoctorLarry:

I tiered up about a month ago and it is at least a triple whammy!

Tees move back

Yep.  I remember my first RR at L..............I was OK at TM by the end of it and really enjoyed the tier.  My first RR at L was a 72 at St As, and lucky to be that.  

I decided pure feel was never going to be enough.  Lizard helped loads.  Probably everything I do is based from that even if I never delved as much as I could have with putting.

The OP is playing some real tees and good stuff, but should concentrate per this thread. 

Legend will be a shock (in a good challenge way).  OK could tee up the reds all the way through the badges, but they show what they have been up to real quick in open play. Choices........

• DoctorLarry
    4,302 Posts
    Tue, Jan 8 2019 5:58 PM

alanti:
    they flounder (fish out of water

I saw what you did there.

RSS