Forums

Help › Forums

Re: game settings

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 4 2011 9:54 AM (8 replies)
  • leSolide
    1 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 5:14 AM

every time i log on i have to go to the game settings to set and save my preferences like (putting grid, no hole info, no wgt lesson button ect...) and it does not save it for the next log on.   i have win7...   somebody help me!   thanks!!!!!

• TNP56
    510 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 5:24 AM

Hey there buddy !

That new flash upgrade is why....

everytime you clear your cache, it clears those settings automatically.

So you WILL HAVE TO ADJUST YOUR GAME SETTINGS every time now b4 you start. That's just the way it is.

.......and as always---GO FOR THE GREEN !

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 6:42 AM

That only happens when your Flash cache gets cleared. This is a different cache file than your browser's so you need to find out why your Flash cache is getting cleared. I'm not aware of a browser function that clears Flash cache but if there is you need to disable it.

What browser are you using?

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 6:55 AM

I think Google Chrome clears the coache

• borntobesting
    9,680 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 6:57 AM

YankeeJim:

That only happens when your Flash cache gets cleared. This is a different cache file than your browser's so you need to find out why your Flash cache is getting cleared. I'm not aware of a browser function that clears Flash cache but if there is you need to disable it.

Sounds like Chrome. The newest version of Flash clears your cache every time your browser cache is cleared. And the newest version of Chrome clears the browser cache and cookies every time you log off if you haven't changed the default settings of Chrome.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 7:37 AM

borntobesting:
    Sounds like Chrome. The newest version of Flash clears your cache every time your browser cache is cleared

Thanks for that, Sting. This makes big sense because I'm seeing odd stuff in Chrome now and only because I played 1 round with it recently.

Now would be a good time to go get Comodo Dragon and use it just for the game, nothing else. Bookmark the game in your toolbar and when you want to play just click that and avoid all the other nonsense involved going through the main site. (Leave all of the links on the game page inactive-use another browser to go to WGT.) I used to so this with Chrome's Iron browser and now use CD with none of these issues.

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 9:20 AM

borntobesting:

YankeeJim:

Sounds like Chrome. The newest version of Flash clears your cache every time your browser cache is cleared. And the newest version of Chrome clears the browser cache and cookies every time you log off if you haven't changed the default settings of Chrome.

I have the same problem ever since I downloaded Chrome----guess it's a trade off for playing the game better

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 9:23 AM

FREE.  Like Chrome used to be.  :-)

• FuzzyBallz
    179 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 9:54 AM

I am running on Chrome have not had a single problem of any kind, not with website, not with game, not with browser settings, not with game settings smooth as can be.

The original poster - "leSolide said / every time i log on i have to go to the game settings to set and save my preferences like (putting grid, no hole info, no wgt lesson button ect...) and it does not save it for the next log on.   i have win7...   somebody help me!   thanks!!!!!"

could be something about "WIN 7" lots of folks having troubles before update big chunk of them when asked what are you using replay back "WIN 7 w/ IE / WIN 7 with some other browser.

Same 3 browsers keep coming up that most everybody that is having no issues are using.

Firefox - left FF to go to Chrome

Google Chrome - chrome has an add-on app for WGT - named WGT. OH and also it to is completely FREE.

Comodo Dragon - have not used or even heard of it til here around WGT.

RSS